What's Your Favorite Guild Model?

fused

Reaction score
Up until about a month ago, I didn't own a Guild.
Gibsons, Ibanez, Alvarez, Martin...but no Guilds...

I inherited a 1963 A500 Blond. Love the sound.
Needs a fret job, which it will certainly get.
But it is certainly one of the nicest Jazz boxes that I've played thus far. Even tops over a 68 Gibby L5 and a 1980 George Benson GB10.

Yup, never touched one before. Sure glad I have one now.

slow944s

Reaction score
Since my first and only guild is the DV-52 I found in a pawn shop, I have to say it's my favorite.....slow944S :D

Reaction score
Currently for me it has been a very smooth,playable '73 D50.

However,with the impending arrival of a '65 S50 Jetstar,'67 D40 and '76 D40 things may change.
I do try to play most of my collection every week.

Qvart

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Forgive the veer here guys, but Q, while your on the line here..... I was checking Tommy Emmanuel's website and couldn't help but notice he's playing in Asheville in October.West

He played last night and according to a guy who does sound at the Orange Peel it was the best show of the year. I didn't go. But I did score a free ticket to Stever Miller at the Biltmore Estate tonight. Oy, what a long day this is going to be!

Qvart

Reaction score
What? None of you geezers have any Steve Miller comments? But we've been working so hard... :lol:

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
West said:
By the way, having said that, there is a beautiful gold pin stripe around the headstock, isn't there? :)

West

Yes Sir. doulble gold (maple) pin stripes :D

Qvart

Reaction score
playsvintageguilds said:
" Never Kill Another Man"
from Steve Miller 5 is my favorite Steve Miller song.

Give it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P79p-fj2PU

~ Raj

I'll do that when I get home.

As for the show - definitely geezers for geezers! But like I said, it was free (good thing too - it would have been $66). Definitely a cool place to hang out. The Biltmore Estate's south veranda with an awesome view of the mountains. Good times.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Qvart said:
playsvintageguilds said:
Give it a listen.
~ Raj
As for the show - definitely geezers for geezers! But like I said, it was free (good thing too - it would have been $66). Definitely a cool place to hang out. The Biltmore Estate's south veranda with an awesome view of the mountains. Good times.
Cool!
Steve Miller comment: You DO know about his Guild 12's, right?
One of my faves: "Come on-a my Ktchen" from "the Joker", that's GOTTA be a Guild. Actually the only reason I'd own that album, I like the earlier stuff a lot better.

kitniyatran

Reaction score
adorshki said:
Qvart said:
playsvintageguilds said:
Give it a listen.
~ Raj
Cool!
Steve Miller comment: You DO know about his Guild 12's, right?
One of my faves: "Come on-a my Ktchen" from "the Joker", that's GOTTA be a Guild. Actually the only reason I'd own that album, I like the earlier stuff a lot better.
I'd forgotten about this song, but hearing it, I remember. I agree the earlier stuff was generally best, & The Joker a low point. Which had "Enter, Maurice"? Found it; "Recall the Beginning...A Journey from Eden"; I think I kinda liked that one, I think. I think he really peaked with "Your Saving Grace", aside from the masterpiece that is "Sailor".
He did an obscure little jazz album in 1988, "Born 2 B Blue", that's also awesome.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
dreadnut said:
Next to West's DV-73, I like my DV-52 best!

Picture003.jpg

Love your guitar Marc!

West

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
I've only played two models; the D25 and the D15M. The D15M I got from Killdeer is super. While I enjoy the D25, it seems that I'm really addicted to HOG. The one I got from Killdeer just sings.

Peace

Reaction score
Note to Bikerdoc:

Dude !!!
Totally cool Avatar! :shock:
No,really man.
I mean it. :shock:
Totally cool Avatar! :shock:
Dude! :shock:
I just called my wife over here from, like 6 feet away, where she is on Facebook, with,like, the secondary pc...so I say,"Susan,c'mere and check this out!!" She waddles over and...(oh...she sashays over and...) says..."cool" !

Really man,totally cool Avatar! :shock:

Born in '50...remember portions of the 60's...and I am seriously sincere...dude. :shock:
Okay,gonna jet now. Later,man.

~ Raj

Guitarfish

Reaction score
Back to the original question. I love both my Guilds. Tacoma D55 and Tacoma F40. But I play my F40 alot more.