another closet classic...

gusto

Reaction score
ya know i've been chasing 53-62 X-175s, X-500, Ce100s, t100s for 2 years and have been willing to shell out whatever was fair. 2 days ago i spent my "guild money" on a car and now this pops up. i just cant win :|

matsickma

Reaction score
Quick. Sell the car before Billy D. sees that blond CE 100D!
He just picked up a burst the other day and may be back as the shark he is for CE100Ds!

M

guitarman

Reaction score
I am very tempted, its a toss up between this ce100 and a slim jim in equally good condition with Franz pickups. I am leaning towards the slim jim, as I already own a 1964 Ce 100 with the mini humbuckers. Both would be nice. :D

motopsyche

Reaction score
For a little nudge, I received this from the seller:

"As far as I can tell the finish looks great and original, I have not had the guitar since it was new so I cannot say with expertise what it has been through in 50 yrs time but I see what looks like an excellent original finish. If you had the guitar in your hand and look real close you will see fine laquer checking.

Action is excellent, low about 3/32 at 12th fret
Binding is all tight and full.
Block inlays show no shrinkage and are full.
Frets are clean and nice, no buzzing, truss rod adjusted great neck is straight.
Electronics work good, no dead spots.
All parts are original as far as I know. Not sure about bridge what it should be if this is original or not but it fits great.
Frets are in good condition showing minor wear, fingerboard is excellent.
The case is vintage and fits the guitar like a glove but not sure it is original, very nice quality however."

Verrrrrrrrrry tempting.... :shock:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
guitarman said:
I am very tempted, its a toss up between this ce100 and a slim jim in equally good condition with Franz pickups. I am leaning towards the slim jim, as I already own a 1964 Ce 100 with the mini humbuckers. Both would be nice. :D
That's my current setup, but I still want it! :cry: