Worst song ever?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
southernGuild said:
adorshki said:
ANY downloaded ringtone....
I was just inspired by another thread. The worst song ever? ANY downloaded ringtone....
You got THAT RIGHT!!!! I heared MANY a good song RUINED in that manner :oops:
Perhaps I have been blessed in that I am not surrounded by people who use "music" as ringtones, but for me the kiss of death has been hearing something familiar in an elevator. I can still remember cringing the first time I heard "Light My Fire" on my way to the 12th floor. Suddenly Jose Feliciano didn't sound so bad.

As long as we keep veering, one thing I have noticed is that really good songs can transcend the original performance. The original is good but so are two or three covers and even a garage band rendition isn't too bad. The best ones even survive the transformation to other genres, such as a string quartet or an orchestra. There aren't many places to hide when arranging for a string quartet so if a pop/rock song survives the transition, you know the songwriter had some talent.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
southernGuild said:
adorshki said:
ANY downloaded ringtone....
I was just inspired by another thread. The worst song ever? ANY downloaded ringtone....
You got THAT RIGHT!!!! I heared MANY a good song RUINED in that manner :oops:
Perhaps I have been blessed in that I am not surrounded by people who use "music" as ringtones, but for me the kiss of death has been hearing something familiar in an elevator. I can still remember cringing the first time I heard "Light My Fire" on my way to the 12th floor. Suddenly Jose Feliciano didn't sound so bad.

As long as we keep veering, one thing I have noticed is that really good songs can transcend the original performance.
Hi Frono; I remember that Feliciano album well, it was unfortunately a little commercialized to take advantage of a great raw talent much like Richie Havens' "Mixed Bag". His REAL first album, which title escapes me, was a magnificent showcase of authentic Brazilian style, right up there with Jobim. My aunt had it. I went looking for it a few years back, even searching on the web for any reference but it seems sadly out of print and unfindable. Your analysis of a good song echoes is my songwriting philosphy exactly. I first realized it when I was trying to arrange Hendrix for 6 string acoustic...and realized they were just great songs even stripped of all the fireworks... and yes there's even "good" and "bad" muzak! :lol:

Reaction score
I also really hate "I Shall Go On?". song we hear on the television all day with the chicks and cellphones. It's so awful I don't even want to remember the name or lyrics.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
stiffanbond said:
I also really hate "I Shall Go On?". song we hear on the television all day with the chicks and cellphones. It's so awful I don't even want to remember the name or lyrics.
Anything heard on television all day is a candidate for awful :wink: