Worst song ever?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll nominate "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy as the worst song ever recorded. I heard this song on an oldies station today, now I remember why I haven't heard it in 40 years...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I'll nominate...........oh, whatever the name of that goofy saong was. The lyrics were something like......

Your red scarf matches your eyes.......
You close your cover before striking.....
Loving you has made me bananas.

And let's don't forget.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

West

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
C'mon Doc, I like that song - Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder...

cjd-player

Reaction score
West R Lee said:
I'll nominate...........oh, whatever the name of that goofy saong was. The lyrics were something like......

Your red scarf matches your eyes.......
You close your cover before striking.....
Loving you has made me bananas.

And let's don't forget.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

West
Dang you, West :evil:

For whatever reason that's one of those songs that gets stuck in my head. I don't like it, but it just sticks there.
Now, because of you, it's stuck in there on auto repeat. :evil: :evil:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
dreadnut said:
C'mon Doc, I like that song - Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder...

Truthfully I've never heard that version. I'll have to try youtube. There's a guy that picks with us on Thursday night and he does that song. Maybe it's just him. :wink: Couldn't be me. :lol:

Peace

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
D.O.A.
Too creepy and disturbing to even check whether it is on YouTube or not.

I will note that there is something oxymoronic about a discussion of worst songs. I figure the truly bad songs never get performed or have air play so, by definition, no matter how bad it is, if I have heard it then there is something worse.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Not sure it's the worst but among the older BBers here, might cause them to vomit ... :evil:

In 1958 Domenico Modugno's Volare was really popular; endlessly on the radio ... it was everywhere ... couldn't get away from it. A few years later, Bobbie Rydell sang Volare and it made the rounds of the radio stations ... couldn't get away from it. Later Dean Martin sang Volare and it too was on TV, the radio, and it was a favorite of 3-4 man lounge-lizard, tuxedo-wearing combos at country clubs, wedding receptions, and lounges. Later Sir Paul M wanted to let the Italians know he was a groovy guy by singing yes ... Volare!

Parents in the 60s used to wonder what the attraction of R&R was; they just didn't get it ... and, in celebration of maybe the most nauseatingly overplayed, over-cooked, widely despised tunes ever, Chrysler Corporation named one of its most forgettable cars after it;

volare.jpg

Chrysler didn't get it either ... Volare ... oh oh oh oh
vomit-smiley-9529.gif

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks Kurt, now it reads right! 8)

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
capnjuan said:
Parents in the 60s used to wonder what the attraction of R&R was; they just didn't get it ... and, in celebration of maybe the most nauseatingly overplayed, over-cooked, widely despised tunes ever, Chrysler Corporation named one of its most forgettable cars after it;
I must have lead a sheltered life. The first and only time I can recall hearing that tune was in Chrysler commercials. Seems like I lucked out :wink:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
killdeer43 said:
I hate to start the day with this one, but I submit for your consideration ...."Honey" by Bobby Goldsboro. :roll: :roll: Nuff said,Joe
Agree; scores high (low?) in Nasty Factor. :evil:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
capnjuan said:
I must have lead a sheltered life. The first and only time I can recall hearing that tune was in Chrysler commercials. Seems like I lucked out :wink:
You did! .... The puke reflex will probably be strongest in the 61-70 group in your recent Poll ... (excuse me ... gotta go heave ...) :( :)

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
How could we forget Paul Anka's Havin' My Baby which has already made it to Number One (with a bullet) on a worst song list compiled by CNN a few years ago? Follow the CNN link at your own risk. I was reminded of several other songs I would just as soon forget.