Norah Jones with a killer SF3

motopsyche

Reaction score
There are some great vintage guitars on that stage. Wonderful display of DeArmond Dynas on that Starfire and the Gretsch. I have two SFIIIs that look just like it, and they just sound killer (ever since Walter helped me tame them by lowering the pole pieces). Wonderful Harmony Stratotone and H-22 bass. Great clip!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
motopsyche said:
There are some great vintage guitars on that stage. Wonderful display of DeArmond Dynas on that Starfire and the Gretsch. I have two SFIIIs that look just like it, and they just sound killer (ever since Walter helped me tame them by lowering the pole pieces). Wonderful Harmony Stratotone and H-22 bass. Great clip!

I was thinking the same thing. Some really interesting choices - and they sound great. :)

Bing k

Reaction score
I've been watching her since before she was famous and she has always had some great pieces on stage.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
she has always had some great pieces on stage.
And she's one of them.
Hi-yooooo!
No doubt about those commentaries and what a great video in so many other respects. Lots of great tight shots, and great sound. Really well done and worthy of a return visit later this evening. :wink:

There's great stuff out there,
Joe

gilded

Reaction score
motopsyche said:

I've got one of those H-22 basses, in the original case. Sounds very good. The big paddle switch kicks in some kind of boost; sounds great!

Willy

Reaction score
Are you all sure it's a SFIII? It appears to be a T100 to me, I'm thinking late 60's early 70's Starfires had humbuckers and the T100 had these single coils.

Great stuff for sure!

motopsyche

Reaction score
Hi Willy,

I've got two Starfire IIIs with DeArmond single coils that look exactly like the one Norah is playing, although Norah makes it looks a lot better than I do. Beautiful guitars. :)

Willy

Reaction score
I've got two Starfire IIIs with DeArmond single coils that look exactly like the one Norah is playing, although Norah makes it looks a lot better than I do. Beautiful guitars.

Thanks, I had a T100D that was an early Westerly build and had thought the pickups were the difference between the Starfire and the T100 - I need to get Hans' book and brush up.

...a beautiful guitar for sure, the Mahogany is killer :shock: