The Relay Live in Rome

Andy Hiwatt

Reaction score
A couple of nice pics from last Friday Show: a nice '60s Party in a club downtown here in Rome, my band THE RELAY opened the evening with a 2 hour live set.
Then our DJ Friend SuperRetro had everybody on the dancefloor playing assorted '60s classics: beat,garage,lounge,soundtracks,freakbeat and so on...
I started the show playing my great sounding Lollar P90s equipped Guild Bluesbird, but after 4 songs one of the screws in the bridge pickup got loose and the pole was muting the e-strings...I had no screwdriver on stage to fix the problem ,and had to play my spare guitar:
a Rickenbacker 360. My little 15W Ampeg Jet 12R was amazing, well crancked it was loud enough ,both for clean and distorted parts, with a little help from some pedals.
Behind us you can see our WHO flag that we proudly hung on that horrendous fake white panel-wall.
The flag has got its reasons: we played 12 Who songs ( out of 34) during the gig ,almost turning in a Who Tribute band for the occasion, and ended the show with a great Won't Get Fooled Again..I managed to play the synth part with my guitar, just a couple of pedals ( compressor, tremolo and phazer) a lot of patience and experimenting in finding the right sound for it and ..the trick was done: it went down a storm!

rick1-2.jpg

rick2-1.jpg

rick3.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Great stuff Andy! Next time you're playing out, you need to fly Steve and I over there to be your stage roadies (no heavy lifting of course :wink: ). That way, if something went wrong, he or I could call someone to fix it ....... Cool Rick! Happy Holidays. John

Andy Hiwatt

Reaction score
ha ha ha John :D :D , no, I'll be happier if you could be my guests at the aftershow party, wine, food ,groupies....mmmm it's not exactly like this anymore these days here in Rome, I wish it would...
But it would be so great to have a Guild BB live Jam somewhere with all of us on stage ..

Christmas is coming, no holidays for me unfortunately ( just the 25th and 26th) but half of Italy ( and the world too) buried with snow...Rome has been spared so far , and after some freezing days today in Rome we have 15° degrees and rain...