Outage & Server Upgrade

Qvart

Reaction score
Dr. Spivey said:
[quote="cjd-player":3s0c1uuz]I've got it !!!!!!!!

Veer fines. :mrgreen:

We would have enough money to buy Google and Microsoft in a year. :lol:[/quote:3s0c1uuz]

Or just buy Guild from FMIC. :mrgreen:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
The mechanics, accounting, and headaches of paid membership are serious stuff; endlessly notifying members that they owe dues/subscription money, keeping track of it, what to do with Lurkers ... what about existing members who no long visit or post ... do they pay?
I don't think I'd care that somebody who didn't chip in got a 'free ride' so long as they didn't act like jerks.
Hi John: I was thinking about that management issue myself and realized that it probably costs less in time for Don to run a free board than to try to manage a roster as you point out. Agree with you about "free rides", 'cause I lurked around here for a couple of years before officially "signing up" myself! We oughta make it easy for interested parties to get "free samples" ! :lol:
I'm most in favor of the merchandise sales supplemented by voluntary contribs and donation calls as needed. The advertising query was more to suggest a possible a "stick" to use on Ultra Web :mrgreen: I just don't know if there could be any actual viability to the suggestion without excessive unwanted marketing as you describe.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Graham said:
capnjuan said:
Nevertheless, I'd rather pay than be exposed to relentless pop-ups and, I know you didn't mean it that way, but I certainly don't want to be targeted by marketing companies with focused econometric-based advertising: "Are you saving enough to retire?" ... "Are you ready when she is?" ... "Wanna save a buck or two on car insurance?" Speaking for myself, I'd pay not to look at that stuff and I don't think I'd care that somebody who didn't chip in got a 'free ride' so long as they didn't act like jerks.

Good work John and I'd rather pay than the alternatives you cite!!

I'm on board with that too. I'll also point out that one of the things that I really like about LTG is its quick response. It's always the first screen to refresh when I bring up my tabbed browser. The reason this is so (I think) is *because* there's none of that extraneous fetching of ads from other sites. LTG rocks.

Qvart

Reaction score
Graham said:
Good work John and I'd rather pay than the alternatives you cite!!

I say a yearly donation drive:

tote.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: