The Trial of Ralph McTell

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thats funny....like the joke...how do you get a guitar player to stop playing? Put a sheet of music in front of him.... :lol: Steffan

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, that always stops me!

Actually, I thought that was a banjo joke… but that was a different thread, wasn’t it? (I know veering is severely frowned upon here).

Meanwhile, I’m still working on the chord displayed as “Exhibit A”. Hmm… three fingers – looks tricky. Maybe next week…

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I learned to play A like this. play a D7th top 3 strings right. now move it over 1 string, then slide the middle finger up to the 2nd fret.....I like this way more than trying to squeeze 3 fingers all together....really alll it is is reversing the index and middle finger but really helps playing ,, like going from E to A, just slide the index finger forward and move the other 2 into position........works so wll.....try it if you don't arlrady do it....Steffan :wink:

kitniyatran

Reaction score
Ooh, Steffer's trying to confuse me! I understand the idea, but I'm not sure how my fingers would take it!(muscle memory/amnesia & all dat) Usually. I just barre it.(though I'm trying to finger it more instead)