Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That amp is drop-dead gorgeous!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Dumble Overdrive Special on eBay. Jacks or better to open: $44,000 MIN :shock: :shock:
The Dumble didn't sell ... but this '64 Selmer Thunderbird Twin did ... $5,400 Has a built-in light show: " ... the novel "blinking eye, which pulsates to the tremolo..."

DSCN5001.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
krysh said:
wow, this selmer looks cool. one of you ever played one of those??
Hi Michael; I think these are pretty rare in the US ... like the Watkins Dominator ... '59 shown below ... looking for all the world like a Gibson GA78 or GA79 ... some/many(?) of these Dominators were fitted with legs like the Selmer: More Selmer info/pics Here.

Watkins59DomF_26.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
krysh said:
wow john, very nice, too. and the link is great, thanks. :D
Hi Michael; no problem ... impressive stuff! :shock:

Reaction score
capnjuan said:
krysh said:
wow, this selmer looks cool. one of you ever played one of those??
Hi Michael; I think these are pretty rare in the US ... like the Watkins Dominator ... '59 shown below ... looking for all the world like a Gibson GA78 or GA79 ... some/many(?) of these Dominators were fitted with legs like the Selmer: More Selmer info/pics Here.

Watkins59DomF_26.jpg

now thats a cool amp. I wouldn't mind trying one of those out- and I bet its cheaper than an cadillac escalade to boot!!!

Things you can do for the buy it now price of a dumble amp ($75000 USD)
1. buy a new corvette
2. get yourself a rv and take a really long road trip
3. buy a new chinese made fender for every day of the year (but why would you?) seriously
4. buy 75000 lottery tickets and cross your fingers that you win
5. go hang out with (and annoy) every member of ltg several times over.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Kevin; in my computer-translated German above, I suggested to Michael that the reason people pay $75,000 for Dumbles is the same reason the Crown Princes in Germany pass you at 180km/hr on the Autobahn .............. they do it because they can ...

I'd be happy to settle for the Selmer or the Watkins Dominator 8)

ps: LTG members can (and do) annoy each other right here :wink:

axiology

Reaction score
If your looking for a Dumble amp on the cheap, the Ceriatone Overtone Specials are reputed to be a very close replication of a Dumble Overdrive Special. They're available as kits so you can roll your own, if you want, or a complete build. I've just put one together, and powered up last weekend - a very nice sounding amp. I have no experience with Dumble's so I know not how similar in sound it may be.

Guild X160 Rockabilly, Peregrine Custom, Paloma, B302A.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
thanks ax,

I've already checked all youtube clips and possible audioclips with ceriatone amps before, but I still believe the fuchs would be the better choice but double as expensive. nevertheless since I am a lucky "the vincent" owner there is no amp-gas at all at the moment. :D

bradk

Reaction score
Wow! Congrats on plugging into the real deal. Would love to get that chance one day.

Another good D-style amp on the cheap is the VVT X-Model. I just had Jim at VVT build me an X40 (the 6L6, 40w model). I've had it for about a month and love it. They run $1150 for the 40 or you can get a 22w, 6V6 model for $999. It's packed into a pretty small cab too..weighs about 20lbs.

here's mine...
34879_414252559449_552734449_4249133_6106516_n.jpg

34879_414252564449_552734449_4249134_4855264_n.jpg

bradk

Reaction score

bradk

Reaction score
thanks krysh. Mostly a tele but there was a 335 used for the 2nd half of the 1st clip.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
bradk said:
thanks krysh. Mostly a tele but there was a 335 used for the 2nd half of the 1st clip.
that's what I thought, it sounded too woody for a tele. :D

bradk

Reaction score
krysh said:
bradk said:
that's what I thought, it sounded too woody for a tele. :D

Yeah, even my Tele doesn't sound much like a traditional tele. It's an American Deluxe model...not much twang there with the stock bridge and pickups. Fralin Blues Specials and a Callaham bridge will be going in that one eventually.