UPS mangled my DV-72!!!

jazzmang

Reaction score
I already filed a claim. But I know how UPS really tries to shaft people on these things. I have contacted the seller also. Right now we're playing the waiting game with UPS's claim dept. :(

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
jazzmang said:
I already filed a claim. But I know how UPS really tries to shaft people on these things. I have contacted the seller also. Right now we're playing the waiting game with UPS's claim dept. :(

Yes, UPS will push to wash their hands clean from this tragic. They tried to do it to me. I told them that it's not playable anymore and even though it just serveral finish cracks on the headstock. Since I was the seller, I had to give the buyer's money back and left to deal UPS.

tjmangum

Reaction score
What a shame... It survived Lord knows what for many years to have some uncaring Teamster bounce it to ruin. My stepson works for UPS in distribution and we shipped something to him once and he wanted it double boxed because as he said, "I know what they do with them boxes back there!"
Good luck with the claim.
tj

jazzmang

Reaction score
guitarslinger said:
That's not just a shame it's a sin...is it even repairable?

I'm sure someone can repair it, but I'll have to wait and see what UPS is going to give me for it. I mean, if they give me 2 grand, I'm sure I can find someone who will do an incredible job fixing it up. Maybe even Guild themselves. Do they do repair work (thats non-warranty)? I've also heard Taylor has an incredible repair department that does work on non-Taylors as well.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it jazzer ... lots of LTGers bad-mouthing UPS; Here and Here Too bad stuff.

Besides smashing stuff, they collect insurance premiums and don't pay claims ... Let's see; they collect $ but don't pay $ ... sounds like a good business to be in. :evil: :(

John

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Such a shame! But, that is most definitely repairable... the tail block is undoubtedly split and will need an overlay, the top seam will need regluing (cleating?), and the top will need to be reglued. Might be able to do it without removing the top... I don't know. Cosmetically, it won't be right again... but it SHOULD live to play again. Here's hoping...
Dave

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
So sorry to see/hear this jazzmang. What an absolute shame. Was there much packaging around the bottom of the guitar? Unfortunately, I've seen this happen a hundred times over when the end pin is left in. I really hope UPS works with you. Such a gorgeous & fairly rare guitar. Good luck, and may the force be with you!

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So sorry that you must go through this. We know how you were looking forward to it. What a beautiful instrument... Good luck...

jazzmang

Reaction score
Yeah I have to say that I was pretty heartbroken when I saw that.

Anyways, I'll keep everyone updated on what happens with UPS. Maybe I'll find a D100 to distract me from this awfulness.

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A f*#king plague upon UPS ! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jazz, that's so ugly and I can easily imagine how anger-making. BUT it will repair.

Set your mind to the pleasure that it will accord you when it's mended.

Been there, done that !!!

jazzmang

Reaction score
It just makes me incredibly mad that UPS could ruin such a rare guitar like this. It will never be the same again!

Reaction score
I just completed an EBay, UPS transaction with no problems. I'm thinking I'm very lucky! Sorry for your hassles...really....but I wonder, overall...what are the positive/negatives with UPS?

jazzmang

Reaction score
Guitar was in its original case, well padded under headstock and bottom of the guitar. But the end pin (which is attached and non-removable, IIRC) got jammed up against the bottom of the case hard... like something that would only happened if the case was dropped on end from several feet! :cry:

jazzmang

Reaction score
BTW if anyone knows where I can find another DV-72... I'm in the market again.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
jazzmang said:
Guitar was in its original case, well padded under headstock and bottom of the guitar. But the end pin (which is attached and non-removable, IIRC) got jammed up against the bottom of the case hard... like something that would only happened if the case was dropped on end from several feet! :cry:
Ouch, the end pin again!

Joe