T100D FROM ITALY

Andy Hiwatt

Reaction score
Today I'm forced to stay home with a bad cold and sore throath that almost got me dumb..so I'm taking some time to go through the pictures of last Saturday's gig: in a small cozy club-winery with a good PA and a stage big enough for our '60s Rock-Blues Trio. Easter time is a very touristic season in Rome, so the place was packed with people from Rome and also from
European and American tourists enjoing the music and the fine Italian Wines.
Quality of the pictures is not top notch, the place was litterally candle-lit for a beautiful atmosphere, and to avoid flash lights the camera was shooting in the semi-obscurity.
My old '64 T100D was stunning as usual, judge by yourselves:

Here's our gear before the concert:1964 Slim Jim, 1975 Rick Bass,Ludwig Drums:

P1000356.jpg

Slim Jim and lots of wine bottles on my right:

conv43.jpg

A close-up in the shadow:

conv26.jpg

A perfect slide tone:

conv35.jpg

A joy to play:

conv42.jpg

BluesDan

Reaction score
Nice shots Andy!
I know this is a Guild site, but you didn't have to hide the Gibson in the shadows!!!

Andy Hiwatt

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: BluesDan you're right..my beloved Les Paul used to be my main guitar and still love it dearly, but in the last years I 've played it less and less,since I began buying different guitars and had access to all these Guilds thanks to E-bay. It sounds like a shame but in the last 2 years I took the Les Paul to the gigs mainly as a spare.. :? :?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Andy; if your tone comes close to your pics, then you must be doing just fine. Thanks for posting them; will lift a glass to you this evening! John

Andy Hiwatt

Reaction score
Thanks a lot John!!! Today I am really in need of a friend who drinks to my health, this flu is really annoying .. :( :(
Glad you liked the pics,and yes that T100D sounds great to my ears..if you are curious to hear it I posted some new songs on my Myspace page ( the link is here below..) ,they're recorded by myself with a multitrack recorder ..there's a version of Honky Tonk Women that I entirely recorded with the T100D, all the 5 guitars overdubbed ( various rhythm and lead parts) are actually the Slim Jim.
Let's have a toast to the Slim Jim........

BluesDan

Reaction score
Andy, I just checked out your MySpace page....AWESOME job on "Can't find my way Home"!
Great voice and fantastic acoustic work, great tone. Bravo! 8)

Andy Hiwatt

Reaction score
:D :D Thanks Dan, I really appreciate that you like my arrangement of that song.
I adore singing and playing it,I play it at every acoustic gig i do,it's just a great song ,a great chords progression and Stevie Winwood is one of my heroes: solo, with Traffic or Blind Faith He couldn't do no wrong in those days!!!!