B-301

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hi all,

I've just bought a B-301 so I've got a few questions I haven't seen posted here yet.

1. Are the machine heads on all B-301s Schaller, regardless if they have the logo or not? (mine say nothing)
2. Would anyone have a suggestion on where to find a replacement screw and washer for the machine head?
3. What type and guage strings were originally put on the 301?
4. Anyone know where to find b-301 pickguards? I realize I may have to make one.

The 301 is one of the sickest basses I've ever had the pleasure of handling. It took a bit to set up, but now it
plays extremely well and the intonation is pretty much perfect (on a 30 year old bass with a set neck? CRAZY!).

So far I've been able to use 2 different rigs:

1. Orange AD30HTC/Head with Orange 1x12
2. Vintage Traynor 200w tube head with Eden D115XLT

The bass sounds great on both, best on the Orange gear. However, I'm certain my rig (Eden WT400 and a D212XLT)
will allow the true sounds of this wicked bass come out with a roar.

I will definitely be posting pics and such once I've been able to get rid of this suspicious residue I can't seem to buff
out of the finish. Hey... If anyone has suggestion for that, I'm all ears, I mean, eyes.

Bass for your Face! :twisted:

danerectal

Reaction score
Word on the street is Naptha (zippo fluid). If that fails, Coastie appears to be having some luck with Sugar Soap. Nice work on the pick up. I'd say you could possibly write to or call a US distribution point for the Schaller parts. I couldn't find the answer to your string question, but I found some catalog sheets. Hans would have the best to answer.

shadowcastaz

Reaction score
I emailed schaller in germany and they hooked me up. It took a while but hey, I never say no to a free lunch :mrgreen: