Jerry! We're All Waiting ... (12th Night)

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
What kind of legs you got Jer? Um ah, I ask that for good reason you see.....I wear 550's as they have more leg room, but they make'm with bigger legs that that. But as I recall, the 501's with the button fly and straight legs are the origional. Actually, if you want to go to Bandera as a real $h1tkicker, you need to get some Wrangler MWZ's...and a bright, sharply pressed long sleeve shirt. I boycotted Levis for a while while they backed guys that wore dresses, you may not remember that.

Sorta like this guy. You'll fit right in at Billy Bob's with this outfit on.....you can change into the dress later, go to Dallas and hang out on the corner of Lemon and Oak Lawn Avenue for a while, preferably on a Saturday night around midnight.....it'll just be a matter of time! I think we'll stay in Fort Worth, but let us know how it goes :wink: .

http://samswesternwear.com/store/index. ... n=43708263

West 8)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
As mentioned previously with Jim, I am looking to get boots - nothing fancydan - just good honest $h*tkickers which I will then get some hoss-sweat in down Bandera way to give them the right kudos
Hi Jerry: if in your travels you ever make it over here to FL, make sure to wear the boots. In addition to their comfort, the toe of the American cowboy boot is especially well-suited for dealing with what we here in Florida are pleased to call ... <ahem> ... palmetto bugs when they scurry to the corner of the room .. :shock: ... btw: it's against the Tourist Laws to use the 'R' word when referring to them :D

Palmetto_Bug.JPG

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wow, I always thought that palmetto bugs were different then r--chs! I just Googled it and sure 'nuff, they's be one in the same! The stuff ya learn here at LTG.

Here's why I thought what I did:

I spent a week in Ft. Lauderdale with my buddies back in my teen years and the biggest bug we had ever seen was crawling across the floor. This thing was like 3" long!! :shock:

We were told not to worry it was just a palmetto bug. (Oooh, now I get it...)

None the less, one of the guys smashed it with the "security" stick from the sliding door. It made quite the mess. So much so that nobody would pick/clean it up. We just slid the "dining room" table over it and there it laid for the rest of the week with it's yellow guts oozing out onto the carpet! :?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Kurt: well, there you are; the triumph of Tourist Public Relations over common sense. Not gonna argue with the boys from Tejas over which state has larger versions of this critter but, as you saw, I think you'd have to say that FL would at least be competitive ... :shock: :D

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
capnjuan said:
JerryR said:
As mentioned previously with Jim, I am looking to get boots - nothing fancydan - just good honest $h*tkickers which I will then get some hoss-sweat in down Bandera way to give them the right kudos
Hi Jerry: if in your travels you ever make it over here to FL, make sure to wear the boots. In addition to their comfort, the toe of the American cowboy boot is especially well-suited for dealing with what we here in Florida are pleased to call ... <ahem> ... palmetto bugs when they scurry to the corner of the room .. :shock: ... btw: it's against the Tourist Laws to use the 'R' word when referring to them :D

Palmetto_Bug.JPG

Looks to me like Blatta Orientalis - or Oriental cockroach - usta have to dissect them for biology class when at school :mrgreen:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
What kind of legs you got Jer? Um ah, I ask that for good reason you see.....I wear 550's as they have more leg room, but they make'm with bigger legs that that. But as I recall, the 501's with the button fly and straight legs are the origional. Actually, if you want to go to Bandera as a real $h1tkicker, you need to get some Wrangler MWZ's...and a bright, sharply pressed long sleeve shirt. I boycotted Levis for a while while they backed guys that wore dresses, you may not remember that.

Sorta like this guy. You'll fit right in at Billy Bob's with this outfit on.....you can change into the dress later, go to Dallas and hang out on the corner of Lemon and Oak Lawn Avenue for a while, preferably on a Saturday night around midnight.....it'll just be a matter of time! I think we'll stay in Fort Worth, but let us know how it goes :wink: .

http://samswesternwear.com/store/index. ... n=43708263

West 8)

Well - you can see my shapely legs in the Elizabethan photos Jim :wink: I know that Levis were traditionally miner wear and the Cowboys wear Wranglers - so I might buy both :D Actually, in the old West Jeans weren't worn - often it was cordoroy with leather to reinforce the seat :mrgreen:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
... Looks to me like Blatta Orientalis - or Oriental cockroach ...
Sheesh; Japanese Beetles, sulphuric Chinese drywall, and oriental Palmetto bugs ...t'aint right I tells ya. :D

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Aw, gee, Capn...you didn't tell the guys that the p-bugs FLY :mrgreen:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Jane ... yes ... that buzz you hear at night down here isn't the bees in the sugar plum trees :shock: J

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
GuildFS4612CE said:
We get big May Bugs over here with a great big throbbing buzz when they fly :D
Speaking of throbbing, across the pond these are apparently referred to as Cockchafers? Wanna 'splain zackly what that means Jer? :wink:

740px-Maybug.jpg

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
JerryR said:
GuildFS4612CE said:
We get big May Bugs over here with a great big throbbing buzz when they fly :D
Speaking of throbbing, across the pond these are apparently referred to as Cockchafers? Wanna 'splain zackly what that means Jer? :wink:

740px-Maybug.jpg

Well, if one manages to get into your pants........ :roll:

A couple of years back I found one had gotten into the bed - I got out real quick :mrgreen: