Pancho and Lefty cover

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Nice job, Dan! Believe it or not, I only heard this song for the first time about 6 months ago, but listened to several versions. I like your cover as good as any I've heard. Way to go!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
teamwin4zk.gif

baldgit

Reaction score
Steelpickin' said:
A nice job indeed! I also liked the tune "Broken Hearted" as well as the others. I will gladly listen to you anytime! :)
Thanks.... thats very kind of you..I've been enjoying your stuff on Youtube as well...you really can pick it!...

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Great job Dan. Like Graham, I've tried the Willie version, but my nose gets sore from the clothes pin clamping my nostrils shut :wink: . I liked that.

West

baldgit

Reaction score
...W.R.L...thx for your kind words..I looked you up and listened to some of your stuff... i liked "in my own way".... very nice version of it.... I always loved Marshall Tucker Band..those southern rock bands didn't have much luck did they.... seemed a lot of them died much too young.....anyway thank you for listening... ..Dan

Dr. Spivey

Reaction score
Sounds good Dan. I'm a TVZ fan as well. The F30 sounds good, I've got an urge to get one someday.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
baldgit said:
...W.R.L...thx for your kind words..I looked you up and listened to some of your stuff... i liked "in my own way".... very nice version of it.... I always loved Marshall Tucker Band..those southern rock bands didn't have much luck did they.... seemed a lot of them died much too young.....anyway thank you for listening... ..Dan

:oops: Thank you very much Baldgit. That is actually the first time I ever recorded myself....it is a great old song, and I miss those guys too. Did you ever wonder about so many talented guys dying so young? And imagine the great music they could have made if they'd have only been given the time. MTB, SRV, Hendrix.......the list goes on.

Hard to beat that old "Southern Rock" though. I still listen to my collection regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWXM4w3 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uFD7JqkOR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WssIhThtZoo

West

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
Nice job! I always liked that song and you do it well. Good singing too!

On a slightly different subject, I was under the impression that you couldn't put tunes up on Soundclick if you didn't have the rights to them. I've stuck to stuff I wrote so far, but there are some covers I'd love to put up. I thought I saw a page in the posting process that asks if you have the rights to the song but I'm new to SC so I could be missing something. If anybody knows how that works I'd love to know.
- Joe

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Soundclick has a section for Covers in most of their categories, Joe. (Good thing for me!)
Dan has got "Pancho and Lefty" in the Acoustic Covers section. Love to hear more of your stuff, too!

PS: Just noticed Dan is at #2 on the charts in that Category!!!! Yowzah!! :D

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guildmark said:
Soundclick has a section for Covers in most of their categories, Joe. (Good thing for me!)
Dan has got "Pancho and Lefty" in the Acoustic Covers section. Love to hear more of your stuff, too!

Uh oh....am I going to be arrested or something? :oops:

West

baldgit

Reaction score
I'm kind of confused on that myself...to post you have to have one original song..then I believe as long as you don't allow people to download your covers you're ok..not sure ...but I kinda said what the hell .....there so much on youtube and such I just went for it. Nobody's said anything yet..maybe if it gets to #1... I'll get arrested ....that would be my luck :lol:

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
I may be overlooking something but I can't find a "cover song" area. I posted a few of my original tunes on soundclick and myspace but I've shyed away from doing any covers even though so many folks do so.

I wouldn't post a thing on youtube because the fedsd are going to get all of ya pretty soon. :shock:

Peace

baldgit

Reaction score
Oh well .....ladies love outlaws anyways...I really don't think I've hurt anybody ..somehow I think the feds got a lot more to do than to come after me for posting Pancho and Lefty on Soundclick...