Gold refinished 1964??? starfire for sale on e-bay????

Reaction score
Hey all just wonderin if any one knows the story on the 64 starfire on e-bay? Guy must have a pretty high reserve as it's been up 3 times maybe more and no reserve met. I know it's been butchered and geez gold are you kiddin me? I have bid $1600.00 before and no go. The headstock tip has been sawed off and re-glued . The bass would make a nice project bass but at what cost? Sorry i don't know how to post a link to it but search e-bay for guild starfire bass and you can't miss it. What would you all pay for it? Serial # says 64? Did they make a starfire bass in 64? My 65 is ba-116 his is a # 'd serial number from 64. I'm now very confused which happens here in northern ca quite often;-) and easy. Must be something with this bass otherwise one of us would be all over it.......................

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
There is some discussion of that bass here.

There was some discussion of '64 vs. '65 somewhere on LTG but I cannot find it quickly. Here? I think mgod and Hans Moust compared notes and concluded that there were Starfire basses in 1964 although not many. That would be an interesting factoid to confirm and then make a sticky or reference post.

Most of the regulars here seem to already have their Starfire bass or would want a bit more originality.

When you are creating your message there should be a row of buttons/boxes above the editing box. One says URL. You select it and it will put something like <url></url> in your text (only with square brackets instead of angle brackets). You then insert the URL you want to reference by adding something like this <url="http://yoururlhere.com"></url> and then the text you want to use as the label like this <url="http://yoururlhere.com">Label Text Here</url>. You're done. However, it is extremely useful to use the Preview function before submitting. If you got things right you can click on the link in the Preview and go to the right place. Otherwise you can figure out what you typed wrong and fix it.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
i have seen it and i think his reserve is a bit ridiculous. i wasn't really expecting it to go over a grand the first time i saw it on there. even if it is a '64, the fact that it has been soo heavily modded negates any sort of value (at least to me).
generally, if i can afford it and genuinely want it, i usually don't mind paying more than an instrument "is worth". but even if i was looking, i don't think i would pay more than 700 for this one. but that's just my personal opinion.

Reaction score
mellowgerman said:
i have seen it and i think his reserve is a bit ridiculous. i wasn't really expecting it to go over a grand the first time i saw it on there. even if it is a '64, the fact that it has been soo heavily modded negates any sort of value (at least to me).
generally, if i can afford it and genuinely want it, i usually don't mind paying more than an instrument "is worth". but even if i was looking, i don't think i would pay more than 700 for this one. but that's just my personal opinion.

+1