$#**%@!! squirrels!

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
coastie99 said:
It's in the Newsylander's nature to support the underdog.

Go squirrels !!

Must be very tough in Winter for the poor little things.

Poor little things be b*ggered :!: UK is infested with the Great North American Tree Rat (AKA Gray Squirrell) and it has almost wiped out our indiginous Red Squirrell :evil: At least they have competion now - there is a new cross breed with an African Squirrell called the black squirrell - they are faster and meaner than the Grays :mrgreen:

rcadian

Reaction score
Never mind black squirrels, in a park in Cape Town in South Africa last year I saw this - I have not doctored the photo in any way...

P1000051.jpg

Freaky!

Rc

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
coastie99 said:

Go squirrels !!

Poor little things be b*ggered :!: UK is infested with the Great North American Tree Rat (AKA Gray Squirrell) and it has almost wiped out our indiginous Red Squirrell :evil: At least they have competion now - there is a new cross breed with an African Squirrell called the black squirrell - they are faster and meaner than the Grays :mrgreen:

Aw, ya big meanie !!

Think about Chip 'n Dale !

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
JerryR said:
coastie99 said:

Go squirrels !!

Aw, ya big meanie !!

Think about Chip 'n Dale !

They wuz chipmunks, not squirrells :!:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not to veer too much, but the Fabulous Furry Freak Bros. lived in the city and when they were really hungry one time Fat Freddy served up some "Roof Rabbit" (squirrel) for dinner. :lol:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dreadnut said:
Not to veer too much, but the Fabulous Furry Freak Bros. lived in the city and when they were really hungry one time Fat Freddy served up some "Roof Rabbit" (squirrel) for dinner. :lol:

Those damn' Freaks is everywhere !!

zplay

Reaction score
JerryR said:
coastie99 said:

Go squirrels !!

Well, perhaps the gray squirrel should be considered North American payback for the English starling, which has just about pushed out our native bluebird. I get a similar feeling toward them as I do toward the damn squirrels when these birds migrate through by the hundreds, roosting in the trees and chattering when their not feeding and making you feel like an extra in a Hitchcock movie.

kitniyatran

Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Ya know ............ I had an uncomfortable feeling that they were something else !!

I defer to your superior knowledge of Disney comics.
But Rocky(of "And Bullwinkle") was a squirrel!

zplay

Reaction score
coastie99 said:
zplay said:
making you feel like an extra in a Hitchcock movie.

Tipi Hedren !!

And didn't Susan Pleshette have the sexiest of voices !!

Rod Taylor just seemed to fade away.

Yeah, Tippy was hot! Don't know what happened to Rod; maybe he was pushed out by the anti-heroes.

Talking about the old days, the wife and I were having dinner in a piano bar last night, grooving to this player who must have been in his 70s easy, parsing out those jazzy vocals from pre-sixties standards like Misty, In the Wee Still Hours(or something like that), etc., which got me to thinking, "Well, that's one good thing about being old: I was able to be around at a time when the best singers of the day were taking their turns at these tunes; something my kids can't relate to at all!"

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
zplay said:
JerryR said:
coastie99 said:

Go squirrels !!

Well, perhaps the gray squirrel should be considered North American payback for the English starling, which has just about pushed out our native bluebird. I get a similar feeling toward them as I do toward the damn squirrels when these birds migrate through by the hundreds, roosting in the trees and chattering when their not feeding and making you feel like an extra in a Hitchcock movie.

And I strongly recommend you don't park your car under a tree full of them, unless you like guano as a paint job :roll:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Interesting to watch this thread become so popular on this forum!
How about if we shift slightly and go for another pesky critter, then LTG can become....Let's Talk Gophers! :lol:

Joe

**I'm president of the local Audubon chapter and we deal with problem birds and other creatures great and small on a regular basis. It's a jungle out there!
:D