Replacement bridge and tailpiece

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Never seen these on a Starfire bass before.

Luckily there was no claim of originality. Usually if the Guild bridge is replaced it is with a BadA** or something similar.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
that is interesting, but probably a good choice for replacement since it doesn't require any new holes being drilled on the top... so you could always get a 60s bridge and make it extra sexy again

bassman10096

Reaction score
Usually if the Guild bridge is replaced it is with a BadA** or something similar.
Yup. The uglier, the better. I have a JSII with the oak leaf and acorn carving and a gnarly-looking, beat-up BA bridge. After trying to find an original, harp bridge for less than a year's pay, I located a brass, Alembic-inspired bridge and am adding a pair of Dark Stars (also with brass surrounds). Not original, but at least the sound will kick a**!

:mrgreen:

hieronymous

Reaction score
Guild Total
bassman10096 said:
Yup. The uglier, the better. I have a JSII with the oak leaf and acorn carving and a gnarly-looking, beat-up BA bridge. After trying to find an original, harp bridge for less than a year's pay, I located a brass, Alembic-inspired bridge and am adding a pair of Dark Stars (also with brass surrounds). Not original, but at least the sound will kick a**!

:mrgreen:

Sounds like it'll look kick-a** too! :twisted:

BTW, it's nice to see the Guild bass forum jumpin' these days! 8)