Looking for a Guild Maverick schematic

powdog

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Would anyone happen to have the schematic for a "pinkface" Guild Maverick? I'm looking for the one with the cathode biased 7591's and the 7247 PI. Thanks a bunch.

Happy New Year everybody!!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi Powdog: PM or email me with your email address; I have both the Maverick lead and bass schematics; both 7591As and cathode-biased. CJ

Reaction score
Just acquired a Maverick Lead amp and cannot find the schematic anywhere. Came across these discussions, and wanted to know if anyone has the schematic.

Reaction score
Guild Total
i just joined and fell in love with this Maverick.
Did anyone ever successfully locate a schematic for it?
1C2048BF-0080-402D-93A4-3D89A5368B09.jpeg

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
here is what I have.

Attachments

• Guild Maverick Lead Schematic.pdf
    422.2 KB · Views: 163

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well the pic is from this Reverb ad where I bought it:

So that particular amp is technically mine, though it hasn’t yet shipped. He could have just used it as an example pic.

I was just being snarky with my post and wasn’t implying anything nefarious. Unless he’s being nefarious in which case I totally did. 🤪

GGJaguar

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had both the guitar and bass version. The guitar version is great and is tied with the 98RT as my favorite Guild amp. The bass version did not float my boat when used for bass or guitar.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This discussion led me to think first time ever about the difference between cathode bias vs fixed bias. So I read some articles and it dawned on me. The cathode bias has this resistor between cathode and ground. It will do TWO things - only one was discussed on those articles. The obvious thing is that it raises the cathode DC-potential to i.e. +20V - then it appears like -20V relative to grid. The other thing - that was not discussed in those articles - was that asyou play louder - the current increases - raising the voltage-drop across that resistor = altering bias. Maybe they mentioned it, but not in these words - they used terms, that described the sound.

Fixed bias would be more clean and precise - cathode bias would be creamier.

This leads to a question : is there an amp with partially both? A smaller than required cathode resistor + fixed bias. This might be a compromise between the problems of fixed-bias overheating and too clean sound.

Maybe a bias-feedback circuit? A fixed-bias amp w loudness-dependent bias feedback?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
One thing with mine, if you add more reverb when the amp is overdriving, it makes the distortion thicker as well as adding reverb.