Peregrine History

CarvedTop

Reaction score
hansmoust said:
CarvedTop said:
I just purchased a used Peregrine, standard I think. It's the red wine color and has plain white binding on the body and neck. And it has the big G inlay on the front of the headstock.
On the back of the headstock is the gold Guild Custom Shop logo, and the SN, but I don't know what year it's from. The SN is 10440011. CT

Hello CT,

Your Peregrine is indeed a Standard and it was made in the Nashville Custom Shop in 2001.

Show us a picture!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl

Here's a photo of my new Peregrine. I hope this works, as I've never used imageshack before.
CT

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
incaselh9.jpg

hearth_man

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey CT,

That was a heck of a deal for a that custom shop peregrine! That is a nice one, enjoy it.

hearth_man

CarvedTop

Reaction score
Hey Harth Man,

Good call on the strings. I just put a set of those Flat Top strings on. OOOOOOO is that nice!
CT

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
$500 for a Peregreine - that is more than a good deal, that is an awesome deal! Beautiful guitar!

walrus

b0rn2w0rsh1p

Reaction score
Asheville, NC (prev: Casper, Wy & FL Gulf Coast)
Well that beats - "It will be just one more thing that you don't use much that the kids will have to sell". :?

(In fairness, that was said about a potential 4th bass and not about the current stable).

Now "THAT" is funny... I was fortunate, my wife was with me when i dragged her into the pawn shop to show her my Quilt Maple Peregrine, and she encouraged me to buy it, as a matter of fact, had to put some of it on her card because there was a limit on mine! But i usually get - "You don't play that one enough" - part of the problem is that I've been relegated to Bass for the last few years.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now "THAT" is funny... I was fortunate, my wife was with me when i dragged her into the pawn shop to show her my Quilt Maple Peregrine, and she encouraged me to buy it, as a matter of fact, had to put some of it on her card because there was a limit on mine! But i usually get - "You don't play that one enough" - part of the problem is that I've been relegated to Bass for the last few years.

Since this is a necro let me observe that while Mrs. Fro. may have said it, she now has five Guilds so something changed over the years :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Frono you should write a book for married guys wanting more Guilds. It appears you pulled off the perfect plan and everyone is still happy. Heck most guys can't get their wives interested in playing one guitar let alone have a Guild collection of their own. Much Respect my Friend!

TX

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Frono you should write a book for married guys wanting more Guilds. It appears you pulled off the perfect plan and everyone is still happy. Heck most guys can't get their wives interested in playing one guitar let alone have a Guild collection of their own. Much Respect my Friend!

TX

It would be a short book. I was proud of my Guilds and eventually bought her her first (D-25), since she needed a Guild and did not have one. The big push was the LMG events. She enjoyed the people, tours and playing and got her hands on an F-30 and from that point she was the one who wanted the next Guild. She got it, went through the "I am not worthy of my instrument" stage, took lessons and decided she needed a classical, hence the Mark IV. The 60th Anniversary is just one of those things that happen when you are married and the D25-12 sold itself after default left it with her over a weekend. But other than making sure we made it to LMG I, I think everything else just built on a pre-existing interest in guitar and music.

Reaction score
I recently bought a Peregrine at auction for $440. Can someone help me identify the year, model (custom or standard) and plac of manufacture? The serial number is 7639069.