Never buy a "Gilled" Guitar

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
You guys sound like you're reeferencing.

No recreational drugs were used in the creation of this nonsense. Although, I do sometimes think that Jerry's been at the Catnip !

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Buzzer's giving the Camellia Wine a bit of a flogging !

eastcoastbuzz

Reaction score
coastie99 said:
Darryl Hattenhauer said:
You guys sound like you're reeferencing.

No recreational drugs were used in the creation of this nonsense. Although, I do sometimes think that Jerry's been at the Catnip !

And I wouldn't be surprised if the Buzzer's giving the Camellia Wine a bit of a flogging !

Coastie, I guess I am gill-ty as charged! :D

eastcoastbuzz

Reaction score
Later on, after that historic fishing trip with the Mammaries, I actually ran into Captain Peter Pullar. We had a fairly short conversation and I was careful not to shake his hand. He was a man of few words, but a rather intriguing character none the less. He was always getting into trouble of some sort - probably because he always had to have his hand in (er on) something. I tried to keep up with his whereabouts over the years. Unfortunately, some time in April of 99 he met his untimely death at the hand of a rather excruciating case of food poisoning after eating rancid shrimp. It seems Peter Pullar picked a pack of putrid prawns.

Can you say that 5 times fast, Jerry? :lol:

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got wind of an old vintage Hard shell case but passed on it because it had a bit of a muskie smell. :lol: Steffan

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
eastcoastbuzz said:
Later on, after that historic fishing trip with the Mammaries, I actually ran into Captain Peter Pullar. We had a fairly short conversation and I was careful not to shake his hand. He was a man of few words, but a rather intriguing character none the less. He was always getting into trouble of some sort - probably because he always had to have his hand in (er on) something. I tried to keep up with his whereabouts over the years. Unfortunately, some time in April of 99 he met his untimely death at the hand of a rather excruciating case of food poisoning after eating rancid shrimp. It seems Peter Pullar picked a pack of putrid prawns.

Sneaky little buggers those prawns................

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=597&p=3206#p3206

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
eastcoastbuzz said:

Easy one that - try this:

I'm not a pheasant plucker,
I'm a pheasant plucker's son,
And I'm only plucking pheasants,
'Til the pheasant plucker comes.

Or this:
I chased a bug around a tree,
I'll get his blood, he knows I will.

:mrgreen:

eastcoastbuzz

Reaction score
[quote="coastie99
That would surely be Captain Peter ("Pud") Pullar........ he's referenced in the Mammaries biography, "Ain't No Tit-For-Tat Here !"

Believe it or not, in the late eighties the guy beside me on a rather long flight was reading that very book. He let me take a quick look and as I remember I flipped to a few of the latter chapters. In the limited time I had with the book I recall reading about some of the sadder moments of the band. It seems that record sales began to sag in the later years. The tours were a disaster because they couldn't get any support from sponsors. That, of course, led the record company to release a string of "Breast Of" albums. Simply put, The Mammaries had drooped to the point of no return.

eastcoastbuzz

Reaction score
Congratulations Darryl!!!! You are the first to say "that 5 times fast, Jerry" and you have won 2 tickets to the Mammaries' Reunion Tour concert in Great Falls. They are billing this as the "Old Rockers, Old Knockers" tour. I heard they were funding it on a wing and a prayer as they still have no visible means of support. I hope you can fill us in with a review of the show. :D