New Project Guitar

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Ok, just one more! (famous last words :lol: )
Another one from: http://www.collinsguitars.com/
This one will be Koa back and sides, Master Grade Cedar top, African "Pink Ivory" roasette..Classical cut-away W/14 fret neo classic neck. Ebony fingerboard and bridge, acoustic/electric hybrid. :D
Here are a few starting out pics!
These are thumbnails so please "Click On The Pic!! " for a much better view! :)
Larry

nice curly Koa ...a lot of curl that you cant see in this pic!

Pretty Koa sides

African Pink Ivory rosette

Beatiful tight grained very old Cedar top!

Headstock inlay...the Paua Abalone...on the far right

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Steelpickin' said:
Ok, just one more! (famous last words :lol: )

Go Larry, Go Larry!

dallas_cheerleaders.jpg

Will you keep us posted as to the progress like the last one please?

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
And can we also have even more pics like this Grammy :!: :twisted: :D :mrgreen:
I'm afraid more of those pics could seriosly dangerous for some of us … :oops: :mrgreen:

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
Slobber, sloober, slobber, drool...... :twisted:
Warning once again, Jerry, be careful with those pics - remember the famous English health care system! :shock: Markus

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Ok...once again that no good, low down,sowbelly of a snake that calls himself one of my best friends called me after the start of this project and said ( just like the last project) hey buddy I have your sides all glued up...and they look great..( then he usually sends a pic) and says...oh, by the way... I got a shipment of back and side blanks today...If you want to pick out something else.....you can at no charge or we can go with what you have, just want to give you all of the options...! This guy just likes to mess( read F*%#) with me! haha. Anyway I ended up switching the Koa for this a nicely curled set of Africian Olive wood! Please tell me what you think...( not that it matters :lol: ) Thanks you guys and gals.
( thumbnails! )

With just a little sealer on the raw wood to give an idea of what it will look like when finished. A very nice diaginal curl on the back and sides..just wait till I get full finish on it!. Just like last time, only more so this time...I will be doing a lot of the work myself. Thanks to my long history of cabinet makeing and the fact that my good friend has decided to take me under his wing and help me learn how to build these wonderful instruments!...as you can imageine...I am on cloud nine!!

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Well I guess this will have to do!! :wink:
389343743_36ce506e21.jpg

Mike did ask me " how are you going to explaine to your Guild buddies that you are building a guitar out of Olivewood?....I said they will have fun with it!!!!!!!.. :D :D :D but, it sure is purtty!!
...I was hopeing for more pics of Cheerleaders!!!!!!
....( ahem..)

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Steelpickin' said:
I will be doing a lot of the work myself. Thanks to my long history of cabinet makeing and the fact that my good friend has decided to take me under his wing and help me learn how to build these wonderful instruments!...as you can imageine...I am on cloud nine!!

Can I get in line for one of the first Steelpickin' Guitars? :D

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Hi Graham,
It will be a long time , if ever before I could make something on my own! haha! I am excited though, just to be able to learn how to do repairs as well as how they are made. I have been giving Mike a hand here and ther for a while and I never cease to be amazed at how simple,yet,complicated many repairs are. ie: many things to check out before juat a simple adjustment or a new nut or saddle, just to be sure thats what the problem REALLY is. Many times ther are multiple symptoms that can mimmick other problems..anyway...dont worry about the topic drift!! :D Its kind of par for this course and if nothing else...its better than starting a new topic and having it ignored!! :D