Panaramic amp(with pics now)

Reaction score
I bought this about 10 years ago and it has been sitting in the garage.I recently started playing again and got it out.I am waiting for my new tubes to show up so both channels will be up again.It has 4 7025 rca tubes driving four 7591 tubes.Got my tubes today.
amp5.jpg

amp7.jpg

amp2.jpg

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Re: Panaramic amp

Howdy, locksmith!

The following is extracted and slightly edited from a previous explanation by 12stringer to one of the many newbies in the last few months:

First you have to upload your pictures to a website like http://www.photobucket.com
You will have to open an account with them (takes a few minutes and costs nothing) and you can upload any pictures to your own photo album on that site.
Then you copy the "IMG code" url from the picture in your album that you want to post.
Next you go to the Message body of your Post on the Lets Talk Guild Website.
Click on the "Img" tab and then paste in between the two (Img)'s that appear in the Message body of your Post.
That should do it, and you can see your picture when you Preview before you Submit your post. If you want to make changes after you Submit, just click on Edit afterwards in the posted message, and it will take you back in to your post for some more editing.

You can also copy the "Direct Link" url from the picture in Photobucket, and paste it in between the URL brackets that get inserted automatically into your message when you click the URL tab at the top of it. This is how guys create a link to other sites, like eBay, or another forum, or ... golly!...even their own website in their signature here, like the one below. :D This way, you can insert just the link to your picture, rather than the image itself. This can be handy, especially if it's a controversial subject, or 'PG'-rated, or if it threatens to veer us away from the original topic. (Some of us anticipate this gleefully. :D )

Anyway, this works for most of us. Now that it has been explained to you, it's your turn in the barrel.
You are now obligated to store the above instructions and provide them to the next newbie who asks! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :evil: :eek: :eek: :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Welcome!
Post well. Post often.

Reaction score
Wow I forgot how great this old beast sounds.Anyone else have one of these?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
A few of us have Guild Mavericks, same powertube. I like mine a whole bunch.

Your's has vibrato on it doesn't it?

Reaction score
yes it has tremelo and reverb.8" and 12" skeakers.very wide range of tones you can get out of this thing.very fun to play on.Havent found a ton of info on it.1969 era audio guild corp.made in van nuys california.Would love to have a schematic for this.Any info is greatly apprecciated.
I would also like to find a foot pedal for this amp.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
IIRC, They were associated with the head guy behind (gasp!) Magnatone. From what little I know about them, most had pitch-shifting vibrato as opposed to volume modulation (tremelo).

5AG_controls_R.jpg

I'm having some bad cases of gear envy lately....

Reaction score
Mine definitly says tremolo in that spot.hmmmm interesting .I just know im intreged everytime i play this thing.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
locksmith said:
I would also like to find a foot pedal for this amp.
Hi locksmith, interesting amp! Here's a pic of the 'vibrato' version of this amp Panaramic by Audio Guild that default mentioned. Provided the amp has 1/4" jacks for tremolo and reverb and further that the footswitch doesn't switch channels, any typical two-button footswitch w/ 1/4" plugs like this one on eBay will work. Finding an original Audio Guild footswitch? Earlier this year I bought a Univox U305R with similar features except 2X7591 and 15" speaker but no original footswitch. Two weeks after I bought it, an original dual Univox footswitch showed up on eBay ... :shock: Good luck with your amp! CJ

Reaction score
It has one single 1/4 plug that says tremelo/reverb remote control.The one you posted has two plugs?should still turn it on and off i guess with one of the switchs?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
locksmith said:
It has one single 1/4 plug that says tremelo/reverb remote control.The one you posted has two plugs?should still turn it on and off i guess with one of the switchs?
Hi locksmith: no, the one on eBay I linked won't work on your amp. I didn't know how the FS was jacked in. But one like this will work. Both switches are tied to the 'stereo' plug and the input jack, instead of just hot and common contacts, has an extra contact on it. If you'll check the eBay auction pic, you'll see that the tip of the plug is insulated from another electrically-separate section of the barrel. The rest of the shaft is the 'common' or ground. These switches typically work by grounding the output of the reverb or tremolo section of the amp. That is, these sections are normally 'on' unless switched 'off' by grounding them. Turning either section 'on' is done by disconnecting each section from ground. Avoid FSs with LEDs; what's shown in the auction pic using a 'stereo' (two-function) plug is a simple work-around to avoid a second cable. CJ

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
That will work too :wink: CJ

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi ADM: I saw that FS and started laughing. This T1 RVT on eBay - and a pretty clean amp it is - is missing only its footswitch housing. I was wondering ....

If anyone has a T1 RVT with FS issues, remember that the switch inside the FS housing for the tremolo is DT1P; it needs three lugs not two because the amp's tremolo function is accomplished by manipulating the grid bias, not by manipulating line voltage. The footswitch switches the bias voltage from normal to one of the trem controls; not by just grounding the trem/oscillator output like Fender, Gibson, and most others.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Another Panaramic / Audio Guild amp on eBay; not locksmith's - his is 4X7591 - this one is 2X7591 but with footswitch issues too ... Here

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
...late to the party, but ...

does anyone have a schematic for any Audio Guild amplifier?

I have a 1972 2x7591 that I use regularly - sounds great with a strat, sounds poor with P-90s.
I have a 1974 4x7591 that I bought form a guy who said he replaced a transformer. It works OK but the smaller speaker produces much less than its share of sound.

All I have is an image of part of a schematic for the Versatone 4x7591, and it looks like it's for a '68. I tried to upload to my webserver so you can see it, i'll have to try again later to overcome the upload problem. You may have it anyway, It's the schem that has "Jack Casady" written on it.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi singlecoils and welcome to LTG. Don't have a schematic ... good luck in your search! CJ

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
singlecoils said:
It's the schem that has "Jack Casady" written on it.

Welcome.

You can save me some embarrassment by making up your own joke or comment where the response includes "you (don't) know Jack."