Panaramic amp(with pics now)

MARICOPAA

Reaction score
Hey all...I'm new to the LTG forum. My name is Chris and my moniker is maricopaa.

I have one of these Bonham 'Tall Boy' guitar amps exactly like the one pictured. It was designed by aguy named Don Bonham. He and another guy named Bob Hall were the Audio Guild Corporation or AGC. Mr. Bonham was the design guy and Mr. Hall was the marketing guy. i think Mr. Bonham invented something called AOC (auto organ chording) for Lowery Organ Company and also a vibrato/temolo circuit for Magnatone.

Fun amps! 12" low speaker and an 8" high speaker, four 7591 power tubes. I would love to own another if anyone hears of one for sale.

I also have the same amp and speaker configuration in a smaller cabinet (hence the 'Tall Boy' nickname for the..er....uh...taller one ;-)

Lastly they made an evenn smaller version guitar amp that has just a 12" speaker and two 7591's...kind of half the amp.

MARICOPAA

Reaction score
Hi; Talk to Dood ... says he's considering selling an Audio Guild. John
As a matter of fact I did.

Dan is a wonderful guy...we talked for a long time about many aspects of Guilds and Audoi Guild amps and much more.

I did buy his amp and she's on the way as we speak!

Thank you Dan if you read this !!

Thank you John for the referral.

MARICOPAA

Reaction score
If any of you guys with amps Made by Audio Guild Corporation want to sell...please let me know...I'm hooked on studying these things.

Dood

Reaction score
MARICOPAA said:
Thank you Dan if you read this !!
Hey you're welcome.
I'm just happy there is someone out there who will enjoy my old amp and can make more use out of it than I ever could.
I haven't played it in years and already I kind of miss of it.

The picture of the Panaramic in the OP is like the one my friends dad owns, the one I immediately fell in love with, the one that made me decide that I MUST own one of these amps.

I still remember the day I first heard it. I strapped on his dad's black '82 Les Paul, plugged her in and waited for the amp to warm up. 30 seconds later I was in love. I offered to buy that old amp from him right then & there. Of course he didn't. For years I made offers to buy it, raising the offering price each time.
(That also happens to be the day I fell in love with Les Pauls, but thats another story)

Needless to say, I had to go out and find my own amp.

I don't play much for electrics anymore, in fact I haven't even got one with good strings on it, they've been sitting that long. But when I do go electric again, I think I'll try once again to snag that old Panaramic thats still sitting in my friend's parents' basement.

alpep

Reaction score
many years ago I had a Pan Aramic that was a maggie 460 or 480 rebadged .

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tru dat, Al. These are the later, post Magnatone models, though. I like 7591s and would love to have an Audio Guild, but I don't have the room for it. :(

Reaction score
hey guys: I just got a new amp. I was standing in a local music store the other day talking to a friend guitar tech and in a back room I spied an old amp with the Titano logo on the front. Already knowing more or less what it was (a Magnatone clone) I walked in and took a look. A tag on it read "blown spkr and other problems. please fix" with a name and ph #. when I looked at the date on the tag I saw it had been sitting for a year and a half !! It had the owners name and number on it so I just wrote them down and asked my friend about it. He said a guy that works there part time owned it and he usually plays his Marshall stacks. So I went home and gave him a call. A couple of days later he called back and said yea he might sell it. So a couple of days later I met him at the store, he said he wanted about $400 for it and I pointed out with the blown spkr and other unknown problems I would give him $300 but he balked so finally we agreed on $340 and away I went ecstatic over this score as I knew it was a very rare Audio Guild Titano ..Magnatone clone from the early 60's. I went home and fired it up and it played and sounded GREAT in spite of a blown speaker. I opened it up and found a 1x12 (good) and 1x8" that was blown. I just happened to a replacement laying around and slapped it in there and buttoned it up and OH MY GAWD!!! Talk about Holy Grail tone!!
I think this sounds better than my Twilighter 260 which is a Magnatone 2x12 with the great Vibrato but the Titano has both Vib and Reverb.
The front panel looks identical to the tall Panaramic posted and I think the chassis layout looks the same as well thou I don't have the amp here now to check for sure ( running out the door for reh. house. LOL)
OK so I know there is almost no info on these amps out there but if anyone has one and can tell me more about the "DUAL CHANNEL" system on this amp and how it works I would really appreciate the help. Regardless it's fantastic Blues and Classic rock style amp with a to die for break up that just screams the Blues!!
Sorry I can't do pics right now.
peace Capt Kirk

PS locksmith: My Audio Guild Titano looks to be the same amp as yours but lais out horizontaly. Can you explain anything about the "dual channel" funtions ???? PLEASE !!! LOL

Bobo

Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting thread. Does the Panaramic amp pictured, in fact, have the true pitch-shifting vibrato as opposed to amplitude-modulated tremolo? Don Bonham was indeed the man behind the "varistor"-driven vibrato circuit at Magnatone.

My band employs not one, but TWO Magnatones: our lead singer plays his guitar through a Magnatone 260, circa 1959; and our lead guitarist uses a Twilighter 260-R (Magnatone built, with vibrato AND reverb) from about '62-'63. Yes, we may be the only dual-Magnatone powered band in the nation! :lol:

That Magnatone vibrato is beyond compare!