Jack Casady playing a Starfire with Jimi Hendrix

Hangman

Reaction score
fronobulax said:
Welcome.

You speak with authority :wink:

Howdy.
No, I spoke with urgency. To get out of the office and go home.
I've always eschewed authority.
You found the interview.
There's also some film footage of Jack in the EL studio, albeit very brief. It's on the "Classic albums: Making of Electric Ladyland" DVD.
I'm sure you already are aware of it, there's an alternate take of Voodoo Chile on the "Jimi Henrix: Blues" recording.
T

mgod

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Jack is talking about his brown (stolen) bass in that interview, and gives the impression it had an active preamp in it. As far as we know at this late date, it didn't.

hieronymous

Reaction score
Guild Total
I really enjoyed that interview, thanks! I have to admit, I'm actually not a huge Jack Casady fan - not that I don't like his playing, I think it's more that I don't really like the bands he has played with. Kinda like "do you prefer Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath" (Sabbath for me), I prefer the Dead to the Airplane and Phil to Jack. But that's just me! Either way, I love Hendrix, and I love Jack's playing on "Voodoo Child" and recognize his contributions to the bass guitar.

idealassets

Reaction score
Hey, for that drummer here are my votes, in order:

1. Mitch Mitchell on a double bass set, (he did play on Voodo Chile w/Jack & Jimi)
2. Buddy Miles
3. Cozy Powell (Jeff Beck & Rainbow)
4. Terry Bozzio (later Frank Zappa)
5. Spencer Dryden (Jefferson Airplane drummer)

-Thanks for the website info on Jack Cassiday. There is something good every day on LTG.

Craig

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
fronobulax said:
So if we postulate a fantasy power trio of Jimi and Jack, who should the drummer be? :)
Ginger Baker. He was a pretty decent composer as well as drummer. I can hear that trio covering "Passing the Time" or "Those Were the Days" or even "Pressed Rat and Warthog". Not a half-bad singer either as he did the vocals on "As You Said", all to be found on the landmark Cream album "Wheels of Fire". :D