1961 GUILD T-100 DP

marcellis

Reaction score
They're both beauties. You have any recordings with that blue one we could hear? I bet the Jones' pickups are killer.

Gerrit Cuypers

Reaction score
marcellis said:
They're both beauties. You have any recordings with that blue one we could hear? I bet the Jones' pickups are killer.
Hi Marcellis, the TV's are killer pickups indeed but I love Franz and Dynasonic pickups just as much. :D IThere are no recent recordings with the X-160 R'billy but you can hear my band at http://www.myspace.com/thecatsmokes. Those recordings are all done with Fender telecasters. I'm gonna make do new recordings with my band,"the catsmokes", in the beginning of 2009. And then I'm gonna use the Guild guitars for sure! 8) 8) 8)
Here are my 3 favourite guitars:
PICT0448.jpg

drive-south

Reaction score
There is a T100 for sale at my local mom & pop music store. It is from Hobogen and appears to have Dearmond pickups. They are narrow with white-plastic inserts in the top.

This has the newer style headstock.

Any comments on this version of the T100?

drive-south

teleharmonium

Reaction score
drive-south said:
There is a T100 for sale at my local mom & pop music store. It is from Hobogen and appears to have Dearmond pickups. They are narrow with white-plastic inserts in the top.

drive-south

Sounds like you are describing the "Mickey Mouse" pickups which were manufactured by Guild using coils purchased from outside vendors (not DeArmond).

I have a '66 T100D in that configuration and I love it. As with any hollowbody it will feed back if you get loud enough. It has a bright and chimey sound and is always clear and defined. It's a no nonsense well made instrument, and versatile. As long as it hasn't been repaired poorly or modified, I always encourage people to buy T100s. I have two myself and a similar Starfire III.

teleharmonium

Reaction score
drive-south said:

drive-south

Sounds like you are describing the "Mickey Mouse" pickups which were manufactured by Guild using coils purchased from outside vendors (not DeArmond).

I have a '66 T100D in that configuration and I love it. As with any hollowbody it will feed back if you get loud enough. It has a bright and chimey sound and is always clear and defined. It's a no nonsense well made instrument, and versatile. As long as it hasn't been repaired poorly or modified, I always encourage people to buy T100s. I have two myself and a similar Starfire III.