First guilds from the new factory...

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
hideglue said:
namm-09-01.jpg

At last...Cool. Thanks Hideglue! Now we wait for the many verdicts to follow...

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, if New Hartford continues with this label trend, then we know how to read 'em, and I like that!!... Just like Tacoma, except first letter is N rather than T. That'd be great! And, yes, Lopez had it right... (was 2008 a leap year though?)... Day 365 of 2008 ("L"), first guitar ("001") of the day.

Interesting difference.... They've put the dash into the name. I've always wondered about this... Most (all?) of my guitars have no dash in the name, at least on the label. Yet, of course, historically people use the dash. I'm nitpicking here, but really what's "official?"

Thanks for the label shot, hide!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Chazmo said:
I'm nitpicking here, but really what's "official?"
Dashes have always been official to me because that's what the catalogs have!

(Too many "pepsi's" in the shop and there go the dashes!) :wink:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Guilds of Grot said:
Chazmo said:

(Too many "pepsi's" in the shop and there go the dashes!) :wink:

:)

I tend to agree. However, the current price list, for example, doesn't use dashes. Nor does the web site.

In any case, Hans always uses dashes, so I think I'll go with that as my final answer. :D

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
The Guilds of Grot said:
Chazmo said:

I tend to agree. However, the current price list, for example, doesn't use dashes. Nor does the web site.
In any case, Hans always uses dashes, so I think I'll go with that as my final answer.

Hello Chazmo,

That's correct. I still use dashes when writing out model designations, pretty much because I 'grew up' with them.
I know exactly when Guild started to omit the dashes in some of the model names but it was never clear to me why it didn't become a general practice right away. For a very long time you could find for instance the D-50 and the X500 on the same price list. It's very annoying. Especially since this inconsistent use of model designations with and without the dash makes it harder to do searches on websites, auction sites or in a data base.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
http://www.guitarsgalore.nl