Hi newbie here.

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Just want to say hello. I think what you guys are doing here is way cool. Guild made some amazing guitars over the years. I played an M80CS for a couple of years. Now I'm mostly a Superstrat or Strat player but I love Starfire semis.Way cool guitars. I currently play an Ibanez Jem7DBK and a Floyd Rose cheapo Discovery series which I have put EMGs in and added tone circuits and a low battery LED to. It's a beater. I have 9 year old twins so I don't mind leaving the Floyd out on a stand.It fits the music that I'm playing right now. Hope to learn some stuff here.

John

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
You mean your folks never had "the talk" with you? That makes two of us.

Howdy led_boots!

Jack FFR1846

Reaction score
Hi John,

(crowd responds in kind) "HI JOHN"

I'm new too, but I think we'll both fit in. Your guitar collection sounds as scattered....uh.....I mean eclectic....not to be confused with electric....as mine.

I don't have twins, but I have a 7 and 11 year old (1 each) boy who both play guitars to varying degrees. The 11 year old is more interested in having a radical looking guitar hanging in his room than he is in learning how to play it, but he does seem to put in 2 minutes of practice a day.

I am a "born again" guitar player who watched a Youtube guitar lesson of a slash rif back in January and said "hey....I can do that!" and haven't put down the guitar since. Oh....and from my sig, you can see that I now have 2 Balls.

jack

cjd-player

Reaction score
Jack FFR1846 said:
Hi John,

you can see that I now have 2 Balls.

jack
Glad to hear that, Jack. :wink:

On the rare occasions when threads veer around here, statements like that can set off an amazing course of events :lol: .

twoballs.gif

Hello and welcome, John.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi John and welcome to LTG!

You'd better score another M-80CS before your twins go through the "start-a-band-coming-of-age" thing. Pops will have a little more retro street cred if you pulled that thing out to show off your licks. :)

BTW I found a good website for you to find an avatar--here--although Guilds sound better above ground.