guild pilot bass

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Hey all, Vic here would like some info on a new (old ) Bass I just bought.
It is a Guild Pilot Bass, serial #BE104041, it is candy apple red and is in very good shape minus the paint chips around the 1\4 inch plug.
I just cleaned her up and put new strings on her. She plays nicely, quick and responsive.
I'm using her for slap and maybe some jazz.
She is passive and has some p/j style pups.
Can you tell me when she was made and of what kind of wood?
I know she was made in USA, another reason I bought her, but when I cleaned her up the pups said they were made in indonesia.
What kind of barts can i place on her to keep that beautiful sound and also keep it passive?
I have a Ibanez 5string, that I hot rodded with EMGS so the active thing is already taken care of.
Thanks
Vic out
P.S. how do I get you the pics? :?

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
welcome vic,

your pilot sb-602 should be from 1991. all the passive ones probably had those no name pu's from asia.
the ones in my 605m are from korea. I replaced them with delano's jc 5 he (german handwired pickups) which sound awesome. here a link: http://www.delano.de/

concerning the pictures: use a host, i.e. photobucket.com, load up your pics there and paste the link in your post here, e voila! :)

enjoy your pilot and have a good flight. :)

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Easier to tune, but not necessarily easier to play! :mrgreen:

Most painted Pilots are poplar. They also made solid flame maple bodies in tinted colors. There is a significant weight difference between them.