What pedals/effects do you use?

Reaction score
I have a pretty silly big pedal board…

The board is made by Diago and is also mostly powered by one of their little powerpacks, it’s roughly the size of a matchbox and powers eight pedals I think (highly recommended!)

This is the signal chain (I think) :

Pearl OC7 Octaver – Pearl (not drum guys) don’t exist anymore but this is the best Octave effect I tried and it cost me a tenner ? - has four octaves and a grungy easy baffled little brain that’s probably not to everyones taste but floats my boat!

Boss CS2 Compressor/Sustainer – this is another old little one I got cheap, Dave Gilmour had one of these!

Geoffrey Teese Real MCoy Custom Wah – awesome wah wah, switchable sweep patterns and pretty much every else, had it quite a while and it still suprises me when I step on it, not cheap but worth it!

Emma Discombobulator – one of two autowahs I have owned and this one kicks ass. Useful for funk and reggae and some crazy sound-effects, pretty versatile

EH Double Muff – Hated this when I first bought it but it has grown on me, it’s pretty tinny but pretty good for when you want to get really noisy.

G2D Custom OD – This is a really neutral pedal but great at what it does which is make my Mesa mk1 more versatile (it’s only single channel) I can switch between clean/crunch/solo and I get a nice Mesa overdrive rather than a harsh pedal colouring my amp sound.

Ibanez Phasetone 2 – This one is pretty ancient and is my favourite phaser ever, lovely to give solos a bit of extra fizz!

Boss PH2 Phaser – got this dirt cheap, it’s not that amazing but nice to have a couple of phasers with different setting in one song. More versatile than the Ibanez but not as nice

EH Electric Mistress – my favourite ever flanger was an unnamed purple stompbox I got for a fiver that promptly fell apart, however this one (although it was a lot more pricy) comes pretty close and has a cool filter effect as well.

Boss CH2 (I think) – This is an out of production Stereo Chorus that is pretty useful and has a nice metallic blue finish to boot!

Boss GE7 – pretty obvious what this one does, it’s very useful though to tailor sounds more precisely and get volume switches for different sections

H&K Tube Rotosphere – This pedal is massive and does a great Leslie impression, it’s a bit noisy but sounds great when I use it with two amps. You can get some nice overdrive off the tube as well but I usually have it clean

I also have two delays in the effects loop of my amp (which has spring reverb!)

Boss DD3 – pretty standard delay, nothing special but I got it cheap

EH Memory Man – Get some magic sounds out of this, real long delay and it has chorus and vibrato as well!

Reaction score
I have a pretty silly big pedal board…

The board is made by Diago and is also mostly powered by one of their little powerpacks, it’s roughly the size of a matchbox and powers eight pedals I think (highly recommended!)

This is the signal chain (I think) :

Pearl OC7 Octaver – Pearl (not drum guys) don’t exist anymore but this is the best Octave effect I tried and it cost me a tenner ? - has four octaves and a grungy easy baffled little brain that’s probably not to everyones taste but floats my boat!

Boss CS2 Compressor/Sustainer – this is another old little one I got cheap, Dave Gilmour had one of these!

Geoffrey Teese Real MCoy Custom Wah – awesome wah wah, switchable sweep patterns and pretty much every else, had it quite a while and it still suprises me when I step on it, not cheap but worth it!

Emma Discombobulator – one of two autowahs I have owned and this one kicks ass. Useful for funk and reggae and some crazy sound-effects, pretty versatile

EH Double Muff – Hated this when I first bought it but it has grown on me, it’s pretty tinny but pretty good for when you want to get really noisy.

G2D Custom OD – This is a really neutral pedal but great at what it does which is make my Mesa mk1 more versatile (it’s only single channel) I can switch between clean/crunch/solo and I get a nice Mesa overdrive rather than a harsh pedal colouring my amp sound.

Ibanez Phasetone 2 – This one is pretty ancient and is my favourite phaser ever, lovely to give solos a bit of extra fizz!

Boss PH2 Phaser – got this dirt cheap, it’s not that amazing but nice to have a couple of phasers with different setting in one song. More versatile than the Ibanez but not as nice

EH Electric Mistress – my favourite ever flanger was an unnamed purple stompbox I got for a fiver that promptly fell apart, however this one (although it was a lot more pricy) comes pretty close and has a cool filter effect as well.

Boss CH2 (I think) – This is an out of production Stereo Chorus that is pretty useful and has a nice metallic blue finish to boot!

Boss GE7 – pretty obvious what this one does, it’s very useful though to tailor sounds more precisely and get volume switches for different sections

H&K Tube Rotosphere – This pedal is massive and does a great Leslie impression, it’s a bit noisy but sounds great when I use it with two amps. You can get some nice overdrive off the tube as well but I usually have it clean

I also have two delays in the effects loop of my amp (which has spring reverb!)

Boss DD3 – pretty standard delay, nothing special but I got it cheap

EH Memory Man – Get some magic sounds out of this, real long delay and it has chorus and vibrato as well!

gilligan

Reaction score
Thanks again CJ--looks like some more good reference material for me to investigate. Sorry it took so long to respond, took the kids to the "Mouse House" in Orlando for the first time (with in-laws in tow) and while I was down there I wondered what part of the state you were in.

And Leo--that's quite a line-up of hardware you've got to dance on. Must be fun to just sit down and investigate different sounds.

gilligan

gilligan

Reaction score
Thanks again CJ--looks like some more good reference material for me to investigate. Sorry it took so long to respond, took the kids to the "Mouse House" in Orlando for the first time (with in-laws in tow) and while I was down there I wondered what part of the state you were in.

And Leo--that's quite a line-up of hardware you've got to dance on. Must be fun to just sit down and investigate different sounds.

gilligan

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
BTW, I still owe you that dvd. I'm trying to get my act in gear and it seems to be reverse.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
BTW, I still owe you that dvd. I'm trying to get my act in gear and it seems to be reverse.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi G-Man; I think the pilgrimage to Meet the Mouse has become for Americans what the pilgrimage to Jerusalem was for Medieval christians and the pilgrimage to Mecca is for modern Muslims ... except for the part about the cotton candy ....

I live 160 miles southeast of Orlando; on the coast in northeastern Palm Beach County - home of former CEOs of bankrupt companies, bankrupt CEOs, bankrupt CEOs of bankrupt companies, and poor electorial math. Richard Fuld, former chairman of Lehman Bros - you remember Lehman Bros - lives in a $10M seaside home on Jupiter Island. The county recently held an election for, among other things, a circuit court judgeship. There have been 5 ballot re-counts in the judge's race and the challenger / apparent winner is in the process of having his law license suspended. It should come as no surprise to you that the Supervisor of Elections, who is elected in Palm Beach County, lost too - 3rd in a 3-man race. Sorry didn't mean to get OT.

Suggest you find either a beater piece of 60s tube stereo gear; HH Scott, Fischer, HK, whatever and take it apart and put it back together or an eBay Silvertone 1471/1472/1481/1482. Their prices are currently slipping some, they are easy to work on, and parts/schematics/help/simple mods readily available. Solder on! CJ

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hi G-Man; I think the pilgrimage to Meet the Mouse has become for Americans what the pilgrimage to Jerusalem was for Medieval christians and the pilgrimage to Mecca is for modern Muslims ... except for the part about the cotton candy ....

I live 160 miles southeast of Orlando; on the coast in northeastern Palm Beach County - home of former CEOs of bankrupt companies, bankrupt CEOs, bankrupt CEOs of bankrupt companies, and poor electorial math. Richard Fuld, former chairman of Lehman Bros - you remember Lehman Bros - lives in a $10M seaside home on Jupiter Island. The county recently held an election for, among other things, a circuit court judgeship. There have been 5 ballot re-counts in the judge's race and the challenger / apparent winner is in the process of having his law license suspended. It should come as no surprise to you that the Supervisor of Elections, who is elected in Palm Beach County, lost too - 3rd in a 3-man race. Sorry didn't mean to get OT.

Suggest you find either a beater piece of 60s tube stereo gear; HH Scott, Fischer, HK, whatever and take it apart and put it back together or an eBay Silvertone 1471/1472/1481/1482. Their prices are currently slipping some, they are easy to work on, and parts/schematics/help/simple mods readily available. Solder on! CJ

Reaction score
Oh yeah it's great fun! Best in the studio really though as it's pretty large. I used it last night at a show and it broke down on me :oops: I spent loads of money on really nice solderless cables but it was a really bouncy stage and the vibrations weren't doing it any good. I put it together about 3 years ago so it probably needs taking apart and all the cables redoing...

It was also the debut show for my new S100 and I loved it! Such a nice guitar!

Reaction score
Oh yeah it's great fun! Best in the studio really though as it's pretty large. I used it last night at a show and it broke down on me :oops: I spent loads of money on really nice solderless cables but it was a really bouncy stage and the vibrations weren't doing it any good. I put it together about 3 years ago so it probably needs taking apart and all the cables redoing...

It was also the debut show for my new S100 and I loved it! Such a nice guitar!

6L6

Reaction score
I gig with the following pedals:

BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb (best single pedal ever invented IMHO)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive
BOSS CH-1 Stereo Super Chorus
BOSS TR-2 Tremolo
BOSS GE-7 EQ
BOSS TU-2 Tuner

All of these fit neatly into my BOSS BCB-6 pedal case. The TU-2 powers the other pedals.

I just sold my new MXR CC Analog Delay. I love the warm analog sound, but found the digital delay put out by my RV-3 to sound better to my ear. Here's a link to the fabulous RV-3 (no longer made but available for around $100 on the Bay):

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/rv3.xml

6L6

Reaction score
I gig with the following pedals:

BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb (best single pedal ever invented IMHO)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive
BOSS CH-1 Stereo Super Chorus
BOSS TR-2 Tremolo
BOSS GE-7 EQ
BOSS TU-2 Tuner

All of these fit neatly into my BOSS BCB-6 pedal case. The TU-2 powers the other pedals.

I just sold my new MXR CC Analog Delay. I love the warm analog sound, but found the digital delay put out by my RV-3 to sound better to my ear. Here's a link to the fabulous RV-3 (no longer made but available for around $100 on the Bay):

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/rv3.xml