Another venue

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
cjd-player said:
Graham said:
You're killin' me lately Carl. :mrgreen:

As I'm sure you know, Graham, some of the things that pop up on an otherwise innocent Google Image search are ... well ... unique.

I've started saving some for those "right moments" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Its all your fault. I want to be just like you when I grow up. :shock:

Hey - CJD - do you really want to only attain a mental age in keeping with your Avatar (I want to be just like you when I grow up) :?:

Also - remember this is a family friendly site - don't want the kinda images on the kindas sites you visit (As I'm sure you know, Graham, some of the things that pop up on an otherwise innocent Google Image search are ... well ... unique.

I've started saving some for those "right moments) :twisted:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Redeemed myself at the Royal Oak last Thursday - the song I forgot the wors of two weeks before was re-requested and I did it as well as I ever have :) Back to St James Wine Vaults on Wednesday for 'Bath Aciustic Club'. Still deciding which songs to do - and it can change once I'm there depending on what has just been done by the last singer/musician :roll:

Meanwhile we have started reheasrsing this year's Shakespeare play (All's well that ends well) for July. Don't have many lines this time.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Back at St James Wine Vaults 'Bath Acoustic Club' last night. Not many there so got about 5 songs done (2 wot I rote) :) However, this guy was there again http://chicoholton.com/ :) He is really very good, a brilliant guitarist and no mean singer, mostly writes his own stuff. Only trouble is he plays a high range Taylor. Told me he usta have a Guild D25 (he had a go on my D35), but he traded it in for the Taylor :shock: :shock: :shock:

cjd-player

Reaction score
Go get 'em Jerry. :D

Keep singing 'till they kick you out. :wink:

Jerry.jpg

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
Redeemed myself at the Royal Oak last Thursday - the song I forgot the wors of two weeks before was re-requested and I did it as well as I ever have :) Back to St James Wine Vaults on Wednesday for 'Bath Aciustic Club'. Still deciding which songs to do - and it can change once I'm there depending on what has just been done by the last singer/musician :roll:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that changes what I play based on what's happening before I go on! Thought I might be slightly crazy. There's no better feeling than redemption onstage, Jerry! I had a very similar experience 3- 4 weeks ago when I just sucked. I couldn't remember anything. It got to the point where I mumbled several lines just to get through them... which also made me blow some chords and skip some bridges, etc. I got through it in the end, but last week I made up for it... had the same 23 year old kid that works at my company with me on drums & we didn't exactly knock it out of the park, but we were pretty decent and the crowd dug it. We're thinking of going to an Irish pub soon & playing acoustic & bongos instead of the revved up electric stuff we did the last couple times.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
fungusyoung said:
We're thinking of going to an Irish pub soon & playing acoustic & bongos instead of the revved up electric stuff we did the last couple times.

Used to know a duo called 'Nick & Greg' who included in their repetoire 'Disused Buffalo Scrotum' (Which I have been known to do on occassion) and a song called 'The Folk Singer' to the tune of S&G's 'The Boxer'. This had lines that included :
'In the Irish pub in Bristol, I lived in mortal fear,
With the imprint of a Guinness bottle, stamped behind my ear....'

And:

'While singing Patrick Spens I forgot the 52nd verse,
So I sang the 22nd, twice as loud and in reverse,
And no-one noticed.'