Where you be?

Where you be?

• Total voters

Punkybub

Reaction score
Cut California in half at the kink (I know, which one... :lol: ) and right in the middle of the top half is where I be at. :mrgreen:

Guilderagain

Reaction score
I hail from New Jersey, don't mess with us at the toll plaza (yes, they are New York plates - enough said)! We call them Bennys' at the Jersey Shore. I guess I was once a Benny too :twisted:

Seriously, I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina (one of my favorite cities, of course). I lived in New York State - Brooklyn, and New Jersey for the last 35 years. However, I traveled for 8 years with previous jobs. I stayed at Perth, Australia for two months. Gorgeous weather and awesome people (they do drive on the wrong side of the road though :p )! ... loved New Mexico, Seattle, Portland, San Diego and South Beach Miami, Florida. I would hope to go back to Germany again. I'll leave Kazakhstan as a distant memory, thank you.

Alex

tollplazanl2.jpg

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Guilderagain said:
I hail from New Jersey, don't mess with us at the toll plaza (yes, they are New York plates - enough said)! We call them Bennys' at the Jersey Shore. I guess I was once a Benny too :twisted:

Seriously, I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina (one of my favorite cities, of course). I lived in New York State - Brooklyn, and New Jersey for the last 35 years. However, I traveled for 8 years with previous jobs. I stayed at Perth, Australia for two months. Gorgeous weather and awesome people (they do drive on the wrong side of the road though :p )! ... loved New Mexico, Seattle, Portland, San Diego and South Beach Miami, Florida. I would hope to go back to Germany again. I'll leave Kazakhstan as a distant memory, thank you.

Alex

tollplazanl2.jpg

Looks like Honda comes off better than Nissan in a contest :mrgreen:

tjmangum

Reaction score
Was searching for something and came across this poll from 5 plus years ago. Back then I was in California, now in Oregon.
T

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Monte Vista, Colorado - San Luis Valley...

My dad was born in Alamosa, his dad was born in Los Sauces (anglicized into Lassauces on the road signs). Been there a half-dozen times for reunions.

I still get a thrill heading south on CO285, and just south of Poncha Springs seeing the Valley open up in front of me...

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Location, location, location! :excitement:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Poll: Where you be?

Hello folks,

Not trying to be a wise guy, but I noticed the title of this poll and I was wondering if 'Where you be?' is proper English or proper American English for that matter.

I would probably ask: 'Where are you located?' or 'Where do you live?'
'Where you be?' sounds somewhat odd to me, which is also the reason why I didn't look at the thread when it was posted some time ago.
Just trying to learn something here!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Qvart

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Not trying to be a wise guy, but I noticed the title of this poll and I was wondering if 'Where you be?' is proper English or proper American English for that matter.

I would probably ask: 'Where are you located?' or 'Where do you live?'
'Where you be?' sounds somewhat odd to me, which is also the reason why I didn't look at the thread when it was posted some time ago.
Just trying to learn something here!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

It's intentionally slangy.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
For the record:

I also wonder why people talk about hog guitars, instead of simply saying mahogany. It must have something to do with me not wanting to be part a 'clique', but I'm afraid that whether I like it or not, I'm already part of a 'clique'.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It must have something to do with me not wanting to be part a 'clique', but I'm afraid that whether I like it or not, I'm already part of a 'clique'.

Pretty safe to say you are a one man show, Comrade!

"Hans Moust, he wrote the book!"