JS2 price?

wright1

Reaction score
Ah Coastie, don't start talking REAL money. I too am in my best years and I still get told off for converting NEW Pence into pounds shillings and pence. Remember when one could buy goods in Guineas old bean? I won't reveal the berk meaning but lets just say it is part of cockney rhyming slang for swear words! Most people use it instead of idiot or twerp or twit. Have you noticed how these threads make some serious diversions?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
coastie99 said:
... Well Miami, here's the real edumicative bit ! In the old days (before the war), before decimilization, there was (in civilized countries), pounds shillings and pence. There were 20 shillings in a pound. By now, you should be gripping the edge of your seat in fascination ! A shilling consisted of 12 pennies (pence), or 2 sixpences, or 4 threepences. Threepences were also known as threepenny bits. Can you stand the excitement ? Now, can you spot the rhyming link between "threepenny' (bits), and the extrusions on Miss Chaps ? Hence: "Cor, hasn't she got a nice pair of threepennies !" Wasn't that easy ? Threepenny by the way, is most commonly pronounced "thrupennny".
As ever, thank you for the translation. Not sure what the girlie breast biz is like in NZ but, based on trips to our local malls, it's growing here in So FL. Low female self-esteem is the best thing that could have happened to the Plastic Surgery biz; all the little wankettes can look like pros spinning on the fire poles ....