Scratch's First Solo Gig

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Last time I looked, I coulda swore Washington and Texas were right next to each other. But then again, I can't find my glasses... :lol:[/quote]

I'm looking at my map in the atlas and they're only a coupla inches apart. Hey - what's that tiny blob West of France - got my specs on. Oh - its Britain :shock:[/quote]

You really do measure in inches! :mrgreen: :?

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Scratch said:
Last time I looked, I coulda swore Washington and Texas were right next to each other. But then again, I can't find my glasses... :lol:

I'm looking at my map in the atlas and they're only a coupla inches apart. Hey - what's that tiny blob West of France - got my specs on. Oh - its Britain :shock:[/quote]

You really do measure in inches! :mrgreen: :?[/quote]

Yup - and feet, yards and miles - my sons don't :)

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scratch said:
You really do measure in inches! :mrgreen: :?

Everything is bigger in Texas, it's measured by the pound there.

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Scratch said:
West R Lee said:
Ready for Ninfo's Kenney Bob?

West

I don't know if I'll ever be ready, West. Although frightening, the anticipation and preparation have been a blast.

You're sounding ready to me, Scratch! Fright is normal, but having fun preparing is the key. Really looking forward to how it goes. Would love to be down there to catch the show...

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
fungusyoung said:
Scratch said:
West R Lee said:
Ready for Ninfo's Kenney Bob?

West

I don't know if I'll ever be ready, West. Although frightening, the anticipation and preparation have been a blast.

You're sounding ready to me, Scratch! Fright is normal, but having fun preparing is the key. Really looking forward to how it goes. Would love to be down there to catch the show...

Me too - perhaps you'll get a regualr booking Ken :D

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You all are awesome; your comments sustain me with courage to get on up there. In fact, I'm working to get Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down' cleaned up in time for next week.

I'll be happy with not totally embarrasing myself. Several co-workers and friends have decided to make this a fun night out. I don't know if that will make me more comfortable or more nervous.

I guess the neatest thing is that this is something I've wanted to do since I first started playing about 40 years ago. It might be mid-life identification crisis, but I wanna look back someday and tell myself: "Hey kid; ya finally did it."

"Now about that walk in space thing..."

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
And then I want your autograph! I think we may have a senior star in the on the horizon.

And by the way Ken, I've seen several folks play for people that weren't even close to you in terms of talent, and that's a fact. When you get up there, forget all this hoopla, absolutely relax, and after about 1 song, you'll find "the zone"! My gosh man, you play guitar, sing, play the harp, and write beautiful music. You've got a lot to offer people, they'll enjoy it. Or do like I do and close your eyes and put the people out of your mind. They probably think I'm asleep, I know they are. Go gett'em brother.

West

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Scratch-restaurant-sign.jpg

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Graham said:

Very, very nice, Graham!

I think there's enough room on that marquis to add "Plus Special Guest: Cryogenic Jerry".

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: I was referring to "Cryogenic Jerry". BTW, when I buy the farm, that's what I want too, to be frozen and thawed when they figure out how.

West

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Graham said:
fungusyoung said:
I think there's enough room on that marquis to add "Plus Special Guest: Cryogenic Jerry".

SJrestaurant-sign.jpg

HA!!!!

Graham, you're the undisputed king of something... not sure what... but it's better than laughing GAS.

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pam and I went to Ninfa's for our Monday Night date. This is the sign they put up
inside:

100_1656.jpg

Small stage will be set up in the Garden Room. Limited seating for 28...

100_1658.jpg

Another picture of the Garden Room

100_1657.jpg

And another...

100_1661_edited.jpg

One more evening to practice...