Scratch's First Solo Gig

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Scared as hell. Playing at a Canyon Lake diner (Ninfa's) on 21 March. Best thing about it is the view of Canyon Lake; Spring Break crowd in for a real rookie experience... Hope not to let you all down. Maybe I should play a Taylor or Martin... :? :shock: :eek: :oops: Probably taking Hanzz and Partner. Gonna practice some songs now...

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Since you can't find your specs....you won't be able to see the people staring at you... :shock: ....no problem !! :mrgreen: :lol:

Tim

Reaction score
Scratch said:
Scared as hell. Playing at a Canyon Lake diner (Ninfa's) on 21 March. Best thing about it is the view of Canyon Lake; Spring Break crowd in for a real rookie experience... Hope not to let you all down. Maybe I should play a Taylor or Martin... :? :shock: :eek: :oops: Probably taking Hanzz and Partner. Gonna practice some songs now...

Confidence.....Play the gipper.

If you screw up...keep going...no big deal.

Learn to feed off the crowd. Screw the martin and taylor

Tim.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Scratch said:
West R Lee said:
:D What day is March 21st? A 6 hour drive may be in order!

West

Friday night. Yer a gettin my hopes up. Would love to share the stage with you?

You'd put me to shame Kenny my brother. Graham, get a fuzz buster (do they sell those in Canada?), you can make it in 20 hours! That settles it.....we meet at Ken and Pam's around 6 pm, Kenny goes on at 7. :D

West

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Graham, get a fuzz buster (do they sell those in Canada?), you can make it in 20 hours!
West

Yessir they do.

fuzzbuster.jpg

But I don't see how shaving lint off of my clothes with shave almost 6 hours off of my drive time. :shock:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: Super snoopers! Radar detectors? Have to explain everything to you children....sheesh! BTW Grammy, they have a nice article about your H2 digital recorder in AG Magazine this month.

West

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Ken, you know how you always tell us "You're the man!"? Welp, when you get up in front of those people, remember...."You're the man!" I'd really like to try and be there for that....man, if there is a way. I like to have a cold beer or a nice glass of wine before I play for folks.....sort of takes that nervous edge off. :shock: :wink: Just jackin' with you Scratch, you'll do great.

West

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'll send directions to you guys. I could use a rent-a-crowd... Turn right on I-35S Canyon Lake exit 191. Go 18 miles and turn left in Hancock at Ninfa's... Nothing to it!!!

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Ken, you know how you always tell us "You're the man!"? Welp, when you get up in front of those people, remember...."You're the man!" I'd really like to try and be there for that....man, if there is a way. I like to have a cold beer or a nice glass of wine before I play for folks.....sort of takes that nervous edge off. :shock: :wink: Just jackin' with you Scratch, you'll do great.

West

I'll buy West!!!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
How far south of Austin is exit 191....say, from the river? Is this like an open mike, or do you have the floor for the evening?

Nevermind, I Mapquested it. Gotta love Mapquest.....it doesn't show a road at exit 191. They take me all the way to Dallas then south through Waco....all interstate. I love the drive down highway 21 myself, but 79 is faster. Either way, it would be a pretty drive at the end of next month I'm sure. Anyway, north side of New Braunfels ha? Then 18 miles......the wheels are turning!

BTW, does it seem to you guys like we sort of feed off each other? Dread and Mr. P gave me the courage to play my first gig, then Graham and Jeff come out with an audio, now you've gathered the courage to play for folks. I don't know, just seems like a nice support group here.

West

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
weird, isn't it? In part due to Graham and Jeff, I've sat in front of the computer for over an hour, playing tabs, when I should have gone to bed.

You people are a bad influence! :wink:

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Scratch said:
Scared as hell. .... Probably taking Hanzz and Partner. Gonna practice some songs now...
Your supposed to be scared, Scratch. Proves you're human! Them butterflies go away about halfway through the first song. You'll be great! You're the man!!

Hmmm... Hanzz and Partner... a G-312 and a D-55...
Perfect! That's exactly what I would choose! :lol:

Just keep your hat brim down over your eyes and no one will know you misplaced your specs.

fungusyoung

Reaction score
Guild Total
Only advice I can give you is practice, practice, practice. Don't take many chances on challenging songs until you hit your stride and have killed the butterflies. I can't imagine ever not being nervous playing in front of people, but that's just part of the excitement. Good luck, Scratch, and have a blast!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Congratulations - hope there's many more for you! cj