Guild X-160 Rockabilly

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
caveman, Gerrit, GREAT stuff you've got going there.

Much better than the pap they're trying to pass of as country on my local country station.

thumbup6ly.gif

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Graham said:
Default said:

Much better than the pap they're trying to pass of as country on my local country station.

OdBall-thatworks2.gif

What, I left you speechless Graham?

I better mark this on the calendar. It's not going to happen much.
confuse.gif

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG Gerrit. Man, that's a sexy beast of an X-160. Gotta post some sound samples some time with the TV Jones PUs. :D

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham said:
I've heard quite a few bands from Europe play that same type of bluesy, rockabilly music and it all sounds great. It still has the legs today that it did way back when.

Yepper the links to your music are great. Retro Rock & Roll maybe; cool stuff.

Gerrit Cuypers

Reaction score
Graham said:
Welcome to LTG Gerrit.

Is that an original Guild colour for that guitar? It is fantastic!

Fabulous music from your site as well.
Hi Graham,
Yep, that's the original Guild metallic blue color for the X-160 Rockabilly and I love it.
And with the sound the X-160 gives ... 8)

Gerrit Cuypers

Reaction score
Default said:

thumbup6ly.gif
Thanks for the nice words, Default and the rest of you guys.
But in the meantime my band "the Catsmokes" became much better than the recordings you can hear on the website. We recorded the tracks 3 years ago in a very ordinary little studio in Geel-Belgium and for the price of 175,00 euro. That's about 250,00 dollar.
Almost all of the tracks were recorded without overdubs. We worked for 6 hours in the studio to record the songs.
In a few months we're going back to that little-ordinary studio because we have some more cool stuff to put on tape.

Gerrit Cuypers

Reaction score
Century Bob said:
Thats a great guitar. Love the Blue. I have #cbooo310 in black. I was told by Fender that mine was one of the very last built. I bet the Filtertrons sound great with this body. The x160 has a very different acoustic tone compared with a gretsch. I have considered having a Filtertron in the bridge. TV can build one in a Dearmond housing.
Hi Bob,
Congrats with Your black x160. Well, I must say. I'm addicted to mine allready. My most favourite guitar, untill last weekend, was my Gretsch 6121W Roundup with the fantastic Dynasonic PUs in it. It sounds fantastic. But when I plugged in my x160 with the TV-Jones classic PUs in my Holland handbuild Koch amp, I had to change my opinion 'bout that.
The playabillity, the feels, the looks and the sound of the x160 are awesome.
And if you are considering having a TV-J in the bridge then have one in the neck position to because they sound awesome :!: :!: :!:
Enjoy the sounds of your x160 Rockabilly :twisted: .

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gerrit Cuypers said:
Default said:

thumbup6ly.gif
Thanks for the nice words, Default and the rest of you guys.
But in the meantime my band "the Catsmokes" became much better than the recordings you can hear on the website. We recorded the tracks 3 years ago in a very ordinary little studio in Geel-Belgium and for the price of 175,00 euro. That's about 250,00 dollar.
Almost all of the tracks were recorded without overdubs. We worked for 6 hours in the studio to record the songs.
In a few months we're going back to that little-ordinary studio because we have some more cool stuff to put on tape.
Heh, I was talking to a fellow yesterday about a Keith Urban concert.
"You'd never even know it was country."
:roll:

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
Late to the party here...

Your X-160 is one sweet-looking guitar. The official name for the color is Catalina Blue. I've always wanted a black one too, but they don't show up often (or ever!).

I may have to try the TV's in the Dynasonic size on my Orange X-160.

Gerrit Cuypers

Reaction score
Jeff Haddad said:
Late to the party here...

Your X-160 is one sweet-looking guitar. The official name for the color is Catalina Blue. I've always wanted a black one too, but they don't show up often (or ever!).

I may have to try the TV's in the Dynasonic size on my Orange X-160.
Hi Jeff,
The x160 is gonna sound a lot better with the TV-Jones pups. You can be sure about that.
And I'm sure the x160 looks very nice in black too but I love the special blue color,though.
I'm having a new pearloid pickguard made with the guild logo in chrome worked in it.
I'm sure it's gonna look real cool with the catalina blue and the TV-Jones pups.
GuildTVpu_WEB.jpg

Yep, I love my x160 Rockabilly :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!

Jeff Haddad

Reaction score
I just saw a video of Everclear on Jimmy Kimmel's show from late Feb., and Art Alexakis (sp?) is using a catalina blue X160. Good song, too.

gusto

Reaction score
theres a nice x-160 on ebay right now with tv jones in it. too bad it didnt come along a couple of weeks ago, im buying s setzer gretsch tomorrow morning.

Gerrit Cuypers

Reaction score
gusto said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Guild-X160-X-160-Tennessee-Orange-Hollowbody-Guitar_W0QQitemZ270236712890QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Nice x-160 on ebay. I wonder how it sounds like with the TV Magna's .
I saw you own several Reverend guitars.
I 've visited the Reverend Guitars website. Those seem very high quality and still nice priced guitars.
I 'm sure you have some very nice sounding reverend guitars in your collection!

gusto

Reaction score
ya i had 5 of them but just traded in a USA Rocco, a buckshot and a Hallmark sweptwing to buy my Gretsch setzer. Im always on the lookout for another X-160 though. Just A/B my Rockabilly to my new Gretsch, how the hell are these Gretsch's worth so much more than a USA Guild?

gusto

Reaction score
Oh ya Reverends are great guitars, i love em. make sure you check out the new Pete Anderson model coming out. Big hollowbody with the famous reverend p90s in it.