Open mics (slowly improving)

ce blues

Reaction score
damn. I wonder where I messed up. I'll try to find the proper link....it is a pretty cool performance (if I don't say so myself).
ce

I received it as an email. the Guy who sent it has 23 videos (of others) and his area is: DrRx51, the video in question is titled "Joey Joel's All Star Blues Band" (as best I can recall)
you might find it in that way....I'm really inept with this computer stuff and really ought just stick to playing music.
ce

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
ce blues said:
btw....none of my Guilds are for sale! Ever. Jerry, there's no money in gas stations, my huge guitar habit requires that I do banks.

THERE IS NOW :!:

You might have to rob a bank just to fill your tank.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
GuildFS4612CE said:
ce blues said:
btw....none of my Guilds are for sale! Ever. Jerry, there's no money in gas stations, my huge guitar habit requires that I do banks.

THERE IS NOW :!:

You might have to rob a bank just to fill your tank.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No money in the banks since the sub-prime fiasco :(

ce blues

Reaction score
yeah, what was I thinking when I said there was no money in gas stations! these days it feels as if most of my paycheck goes into my tank!
Thanks for helping me out with the posting of that video, G of G....I feel so inept whenever I attempt to do anything more than write a response in the "post reply" form! at the moment I'm trying to work through the process of uploading some more music to my soundclick site....I'll figure it out, eventually--after all, I did manage to upload the first six tunes (I won't mention how long that took me to figure out).

ce

Jer, counting dark figures from the keyboard on the left, I'm the third dark figure playing the red ES 335 (my S100 Polara, is in a stand behind my amp).

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
ce blues said:
yeah, what was I thinking when I said there was no money in gas stations! these days it feels as if most of my paycheck goes into my tank!
Thanks for helping me out with the posting of that video, G of G....I feel so inept whenever I attempt to do anything more than write a response in the "post reply" form! at the moment I'm trying to work through the process of uploading some more music to my soundclick site....I'll figure it out, eventually--after all, I did manage to upload the first six tunes (I won't mention how long that took me to figure out).

ce

Jer, counting dark figures from the keyboard on the left, I'm the third dark figure playing the red ES 335 (my S100 Polara, is in a stand behind my amp).

Think I've gotcha - kinda red flashes over this figure I guess from the guitar - about middle of the screen :?: Good band going there :D

ce blues

Reaction score
yeah, Jerry,

I think we're talking about the same cat. I only regret that they didn't use a video that I was singing on....but then again, it's not really "my" band, I just play in it. Joey IS gracious enough to give me my own set every wednesday night....very nice cat in a business completely overrun with overly large egos (and, often, this inflated self-love and -promotion is based upon little or no real accomplishment....sad to say).

thanks for your good opinion of us, Jerry. it is a very fun group of guys to play with and I've always loved working with a horn section....I sing and play lead on the Clapton/Mayall classic "Have You Heard About My Baby?" where the horn punctuations are just killer! I've always loved that song but I can only perform it properly when I've got at least two saxes playing the horn lines that MAKE every other part of the song work so well.

ce

ce blues

Reaction score
"Baker Street"....agreed, a wonderful song! the only time I did that tune was many years ago when I was playing with a lovely lady alto sax player. an excellent piece of music....though, I doubt I still have the charts for it (alas). not sure this group would want to do that piece though...I can usually get the horn players interested in doing some Bebop during "my" set but this is pretty much a blues band down the line (Tommy "Bone" and I are the only "jazz-subversives" in the group--and we have to be sneaky about it when we sneak something with more than a I-IV-V7 progression into the mix....most of the guys don't freak out on a ii-V7 turn around but we try not to tax them too much beyond that, either....we don't rehearse, so complicated chord progressions are kind of pushing it. I love to cover the Hoagy Carmichael tune, "Georgia on My Mind," but without a rehearsal to teach all the players it is out of the question). Pretty much we're just a bunch of players who get together on wednesdays nights and we do mostly blues standards--even if a cat doesn't "know" the song, it is usually 12-bars of I-IV-V7 and easy to stay on the ball as long as one watches for the cues to break or adjust the dynamics.

ce

ce blues

Reaction score
as an addendum, I've updated my soundclick artist page with some new recordings. Now there are 8 original tunes on my music page.

http://www.soundclick.com/cesolberg

enjoy,
ce blue

see, I learned how to correctly write out an internet address! there is hope for teaching this old dog a new trick or two yet!