If I had to get one that's not a Guild...

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
This one was discovered at the guitar show in Orange County in January. New by Alvarez Yairi:
AlvarezNoncutawayArchtoplo-rez.jpg

DennisMiller

Reaction score
Funny that my first post in this forum should be under this thread. If not a Guild, my first choice would be a Martin dreadnaught. If I had to turn to an electric, my American Standard Strat.

BluesDan

Reaction score
krysh said:
BluesDan said:
Gibby ES335 8)

:shock: I would always prefer a sf4 :), in fact I did. :mrgreen:

I did hesitate to post that.......knowing you guys never pass up an opportunity to put down a Gibby. What can I say? Gibsons were always my first love in the electric department..........I DID just purchase the X700 a few months ago and have been hunting bluesbirds and starfires so maybe there is hope for me yet. I REALLY want to demo a Blues 90 alongside my Les Paul or Blues Hawk or L-6S..........

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
BluesDan said:
krysh said:
BluesDan said:
Gibby ES335 8)

:shock: I would always prefer a sf4 :), in fact I did. :mrgreen:

I did hesitate to post that.......knowing you guys never pass up an opportunity to put down a Gibby. What can I say? Gibsons were always my first love in the electric department..........I DID just purchase the X700 a few months ago and have been hunting bluesbirds and starfires so maybe there is hope for me yet. I REALLY want to demo a Blues 90 alongside my Les Paul or Blues Hawk or L-6S..........

no, no dan, I mean I had a les paul custom that I had to sell (wish I could have kept her). it was a great guitar, no doubt about this.

but when I was on the hunt for a semi-acoustic I tried almost every brand, gibson es-335, heritage h-535, ibanez john scofield signature, gretsches, duesenberg, everything even the ones I could not afford. but then I found my sf-4. better in sound, playability, craftmanship and looks - all of course only for my taste. the es-335 is a great guitar for sure, I just believe the sf-4 is even better. my sf-4 is the reason why I love guild guitars now. :)

BluesDan

Reaction score
[/quote]no, no dan, I mean I had a les paul custom that I had to sell (wish I could have kept her). it was a great guitar, no doubt about this.

but when I was on the hunt for a semi-acoustic I tried almost every brand, gibson es-335, heritage h-535, ibanez john scofield signature, gretsches, duesenberg, everything even the ones I could not afford. but then I found my sf-4. better in sound, playability, craftmanship and looks - all of course only for my taste. the es-335 is a great guitar for sure, I just believe the sf-4 is even better. my sf-4 is the reason why I love guild guitars now. :)[/quote]

Hi Michael.................That's what I'm afraid of......if I demo a Bluesbird or SF4 against some of my Gibbys, I may get Guild Electric Gas........which would be REALLY costly because I wouldn't be able to part with most of my Gibsons for sentimental reasons. I absolutely love my Guild x700, pretty close to an L5 at a third of the price. And I have seen pics of your SF-4, it is beautiful. It's funny, I found this forum while looking into purchasing a Guild 12-string and ended up with a bunch of Guild acoustics in a few months time. I keep hearing the raves about the starfires and bluesbirds and it's certainly gotten my attention! :)
Regards,
Dan
BTW: My family is from Regensburg, I'm pretty sure that is pretty far South from you. We may be visiting in early 2009. That's the plan anyway. My father was born there. I've never been. Looking forward to it.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
BluesDan said:
Hi Michael.................That's what I'm afraid of......if I demo a Bluesbird or SF4 against some of my Gibbys, I may get Guild Electric Gas........which would be REALLY costly because I wouldn't be able to part with most of my Gibsons for sentimental reasons. I absolutely love my Guild x700, pretty close to an L5 at a third of the price. And I have seen pics of your SF-4, it is beautiful. It's funny, I found this forum while looking into purchasing a Guild 12-string and ended up with a bunch of Guild acoustics in a few months time. I keep hearing the raves about the starfires and bluesbirds and it's certainly gotten my attention! :)
Regards,
Dan
BTW: My family is from Regensburg, I'm pretty sure that is pretty far South from you. We may be visiting in early 2009. That's the plan anyway. My father was born there. I've never been. Looking forward to it.

yeah, you made a great deal on the x-700 (green in envy :mrgreen: )
well, then you better not try a sf4,5,6 or a bluesbird :roll:

don't forget to visit hamburg, when you are over here, then. :)

bighouse

Reaction score
Saw and heard him live at The Music Centre (UK spelling), Bradford on Avon, near where I live. Some Brits are pretty good guitarists (not me though!)

Jerry,
the last time I saw him play was in Newquay, about 4 years ago. A friend and I drove out for the concert, went to a pub for the traditional roast beef dinner with Yorkshire pudding (Ahh!), watched a couple of men come close to fisticuffs, then enjoyed an outstanding performance from the second row. He played all the songs I wanted to hear, and then some. What a show! Drove home high on the experience.

Send the lad over to the New World again, would you?

Bill

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
bighouse said:
Saw and heard him live at The Music Centre (UK spelling), Bradford on Avon, near where I live. Some Brits are pretty good guitarists (not me though!)

Jerry,
the last time I saw him play was in Newquay, about 4 years ago. A friend and I drove out for the concert, went to a pub for the traditional roast beef dinner with Yorkshire pudding (Ahh!), watched a couple of men come close to fisticuffs, then enjoyed an outstanding performance from the second row. He played all the songs I wanted to hear, and then some. What a show! Drove home high on the experience.

Send the lad over to the New World again, would you?

Bill

I'd be glad to - shows us all up over here :mrgreen:

bighouse

Reaction score
And didn't he just win a couple of BBC Folk awards? Best album (Prodigal Son) and best song of the year (Never Any Good), I think it was.

Well deserved, too. He just gets better and better (if that's possible).

Bill