Circle Flies

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nope, Jerry. Had to've been me. I was offended at Hillry fer talking to me in that tone of voice. Actually any tone fer that matter!

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
I don't think we have much to worry about Scratch. If "Slick Willy" keeps jumping to her defense, we'll be all right. Sure seems to fight a lot of her battles. And every time he does, he just digs deeper.
:D
West

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
A Yankee walks into a bar in Texas. Figuring to get in their good graces, he stands up and loudly proclaims "Boy, that Hillary Clinton sure is a horse's a$$, isn't she?", whereupon a cowboy got up from his seat at the bar, walked over, and decked the guy. He gets up, rubbing his chin and says "Boy, I didn't figure this to be Hillary country!" The cowboy says "It ain't - it's horse country!" :lol:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Carol said:
Jerry -- They can't put Ms. Rice for president. To run for president, it is required you have the ability to generate original thoughts on subjects that don't involve mini-skirts or shoes. Ms. Rice is incapable this. Even President Bush has original thoughts all the time. Granted, they may not based on reality, but at least he has them! Who knows -- he may even have them on mini-skirts AND shoes -- AND perhaps Ms. Rice!

(I suppose that wasn't very nice... :oops: )

Bill certainly had original thoughts regarding cigars - but are you really sure about 'original thoughts' being a necessity - having been able to observe some of the Presidents in action over the last half century or so, is a bit like the old Thunderbirds TV programs - sometimes you see the strings and it spoils the illusion :mrgreen:

Carol

Reaction score
I was going to write something pithy here, but I've decided to give this one a rest. I like everybody here and I don't want to offend anyone. So I'm just gonna go lay by my liberal dish! :|

Carol

Reaction score
No oops Jerry -- just playing it safe! You know the saying about politics and religion... I'd love to go on and on about this... but my gut tells me this one could go Red State / Blue State VERY quickly!

:D

Carol

Reaction score
We'll call it a truce ... Whew! Don't want to lose any good friends over this!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a sign from years ago that says "Just because I'm a Democrat and you're a Republican doesn't mean we can't get along - I'll hug your elephant and you can kiss my a$$!"

(I don't think the censorship wizard knows about the donkey type animal) :lol:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Carol said:
Jerry -- They can't put Ms. Rice for president. To run for president, it is required you have the ability to generate original thoughts on subjects that don't involve mini-skirts or shoes. Ms. Rice is incapable this. Even President Bush has original thoughts all the time. Granted, they may not based on reality, but at least he has them! Who knows -- he may even have them on mini-skirts AND shoes -- AND perhaps Ms. Rice!

(I suppose that wasn't very nice... :oops: )

:lol: :lol: Carol, do you think mini skirts ever crossed "Slick Willie's" mind? :shock:

If a conservative had made the statement that you made about "not being able to generate an origional thought" about Barack Obama, they would have been lambasted by liberals as "racist", tarred and feathered. Al Sharpton would be on that like stink on... well you know what I mean. There's a serious double standard in so called political correctness. I seriously doubt you intended your statement to sound racist and I'm sure there's not a racist bone in your body. But that is precisely how liberal media manipulate the words of conservatives, and minorities have bought it for decades. I try very hard not to be politically correct. If we bite our tongue, then we don't value our beliefs......let the chips fall where they may.

Seriously, I doubt you're going to offend any of the guys here with your thoughts, beliefs and convictions. I think this group has grown together enough to have differences of opinion and sometimes to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with lively discussion and the worst thing that can happen is that you might have differing facts or opinion thrown back your way. You just have to be able to take it.

Let me say this Carol. The very first time that Coastie and Darryl Hattenhauer and myself had an exchange here on LTG, it was very ugly. I lost my cool and shouldn't have, but that conversation hit me at a very emotional time and really struck a nerve. Don wrote me and possibly the others to ask that I cool it. He didn't have to. We were already sending each other PM's apologizing. I'll never agree with those guys on many political issues, but we continue to send each other PM's. They are some of the most hilarious people on earth and I love them for it. Coastie and I have spent the past couple of months in close contact trying to figure out how I'm going to ship a guitar I bought for him to New Zealand. John Kidder and I will never agree politically, but I've got the deepest respect for John and eagerly read his posts.

Our love of Guild guitars transcends politics or religion. But personally I think that part of the meaning of the word integrity is taking a stand for what you believe and not being afraid to express your opinion, not matter the cost.

When the guys here tell you they're pulling for you in your time of personal trauma, they and I really mean it. This is a very real group of individuals, all that I've met are genuine and sincere, just a wonderful group of people who have these fine instruments in common. It's good to have you here Carol, liberal or conservative, Christian, Buddist, Muslim or athiest. Sometimes we'll talk about Guild guitars too. :) :wink: When you stop and think about it, it would be a pretty boring world if everyone thought alike.

West