Ibanez Series I Artwoods

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK, so speaking of Artwood twin; what do you think??::: :)

ChazmosTwin.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Hmmm .... looks perfect for a player with a 4' arm ... :lol:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn, so size *does* matter?!?!?! I keep getting confused about that, CJ! :D :D

So, here's my idea for a completely unplayable but drool-worthy twin --- an F512/F50R double-neck jumbo.

OK... where's the coffee? I must be on something. ;)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Damn, so size *does* matter?!?!?! .... So, here's my idea for a completely unplayable but drool-worthy twin --- an F512/F50R double-neck jumbo.
Not to the people who stock those machines in the mens rooms of the rest stations on the FL Turnpike: "One size fits all".

Agree; it would be hard to surpass a 512/50R ... you could call your new pal over at FMIC ... now that they've figured out where to build, maybe they could use some ideas on what to build. :wink: CJ

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Chazmo said:
Damn, so size *does* matter?!?!?! .... So, here's my idea for a completely unplayable but drool-worthy twin --- an F512/F50R double-neck jumbo.
Not to the people who stock those machines in the mens rooms of the rest stations on the FL Turnpike: "One size fits all".

Agree; it would be hard to surpass a 512/50R ... you could call your new pal over at FMIC ... now that they've figured out where to build, maybe they could use some ideas on what to build. :wink: CJ

Yeah, right, my new pal... ;) Personally, I think we should grab the FMIC chairman and make him walk the coals.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
Personally, I think we should grab the FMIC chairman and make him walk the coals.
Whoever is the Guild VP at FMIC is no different than the Vice President of Mayonaisse at Kraft Foods; making the quarterly numbers long enough to figure out if he has a chance for the top job; otherwise it's on to someplace else.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
capnjuan said:
Chazmo said:
Personally, I think we should grab the FMIC chairman and make him walk the coals.
Whoever is the Guild VP at FMIC is no different than the Vice President of Mayonaisse at Kraft Foods; making the quarterly numbers long enough to figure out if he has a chance for the top job; otherwise it's on to someplace else.

Actually, CJ, I wonder how FMIC does this... You take Hamer and Ovation which are part of the Kaman group. Kaman management still exists in CT, even though the whole kit and kaboodle was purchased by FMIC. They seem (for the moment) to be operating as a subsidiary of FMIC. So, the US Guilds are moving there; does that make Guild part of Kaman?? The GM there seemed pretty jazzed about having Guild there, but honestly it seems to me that Guild, as a brand, has no management infrastructure anymore. I dare say there is no "Guild VP." Plus, the brand is diluted by overseas manufacturing.

Then, sigh, you can look at the Tacoma brand. The situation was similar when FMIC bought Tacoma and moved Guild into their plant. The difference is that the Guild sales consumed the place and Fender saw no value in continuing with Tacoma (as a brand). You know that's not going to happen with Hamer and Ovation.

It's very confusing to me. I want Bill Mendello at FMIC Scottsdale HQ to explain how decisions are being made. Not gonna' happen, I'm sure. But, jeez, if anyone gets a chance to corner these guys.... DO IT!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Chazmo said:
capnjuan said:
Chazmo said:
So, the US Guilds are moving there; does that make Guild part of Kaman??
No; it makes Guild Miracle Whip ... just another product in the FMIC lineup to fill a price/quality point; higher-hanging fruit. The CT GM is probably stoked because it means more attention to his operation; budget, hiring, and profit (bonus) expectations.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
I'd like to see FMIC do the Guild tradition proud but the Tacomas are going to be a hard act to follow. J