Guild artists list

atticus119

Reaction score
Morning all. A quick newbie question: why is Guild's online artists list so feeble? I mean, compared to Taylor's or Martin's, even Larrivée's, it appears from the website that only about three or four famous artists play Guilds. What gives? Shouldn't the brand celebrate its heritage like its competitors do?

Sorry if this has been discussed before--couldn't find anything in a quick search of previous threads.

Best, Rick

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey Rick, some of this has been discussed before and actually the list of Guild users is quite impressive including the King himself, Elvis Presley.

Guild never, or rarely but I think never, paid people to use their guitars. Not in the pre-fender years anyway. And while some of the other brands may not have paid their endorsees, they were/are quick to offer up signature models. So there is something in it for the artist, more than a few rupees off of the guitar they want to play.

More knowledgeable info will follow I presume.

Just a few of the famous...

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

GMsolo.jpg

CNTower.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
On the last picture, is that a 16 or 17 inch upper bout? :shock: :shock: :shock:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Graham said:
Hey Rick, some of this has been discussed before and actually the list of Guild users is quite impressive including the King himself, Elvis Presley.

Guild never, or rarely but I think never, paid people to use their guitars. Not in the pre-fender years anyway. And while some of the other brands may not have paid their endorsees, they were/are quick to offer up signature models. So there is something in it for the artist, more than a few rupees off of the guitar they want to play.

CNTower.jpg

Why is she hiding her G40 under her top :?:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Only for comparison purposes, bouts on a Bluesbird....

mexigirlie.jpg

Scratch

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
Graham said:

CNTower.jpg

Why is she hiding her G40 under her top :?:

Not a G40 Jerry; I don't need my specs for this one... JJJ30 me thinks...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tommy Smothers, Richie Havens, Hank III, Bonnie Raitt, Gillian Welch, Brian Setzer, George Strait, Paul Simon, Moody Blues, that guy on the candy bar commercials, and of course:

mexico06265.jpg

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Yes, oh yes, the famous Dreadnut........or Mr. Nut. Great shot Dreadster. That's about the same size crowds I normally get. One correction though Graham. Guild has been paying me millions a year, I just don't publicize that. Signed that contract 30 years ago....it ads up.

West

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
West R Lee said:
Yes, oh yes, the famous Dreadnut........or Mr. Nut. Great shot Dreadster. That's about the same size crowds I normally get. One correction though Graham. Guild has been paying me millions a year, I just don't publicize that. Signed that contract 30 years ago....it ads up.

West

Sorry to you as well JD.

Here is the guitar that Guild pays West mucho $$ to play.

70ead9da.jpg

faab5c82.jpg

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
A Blueridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: Actually, that Blueridge was a very nice guitar, one from Don's stable. She is a Brazilian rosewood with tons of bass. Played very smoothly with good action, I liked it.

West

sitka_spruce

Reaction score
Skommarbo, Arkhyttan, St Skedvi, Säter, Dalarna, S
Graham said:
This is a quite interesting fact, though I'm sure there used to be some endorsees of the Guild brand, official or inofficial. We've all seen posters featuring Paul Simon playing the F-30, and for instance the sleeve of my Solitude Standing album clearly states "Suzanne Vega plays Guild Guitars", why on earth i need to be informed of that (I do got ears... and eyes, for that matter ;) ). Smells like somebody cut themselves a good deal.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks Graham, but you're excused, I wasn't in Arlington :cry: and you have no pics of me.

West, that's a shot toward the stage, not toward the crowd. Here's the crowd that goes along with that shot, not bad for a little Mayan village in the Yucatan Peninsula, eh?

mexico06250.jpg

Not exactly Woodstock, but hey, I'm still on my trek to international rock stardom :D

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
:lol: Ah I was just funnin' ya Dred......I think I can almost make you out at the top of the picture, right side, between the two ladies. Great work you do there young man.

West

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Great beard, West.

I knew you were funnin' me, I was going to post an actual picture of the Woodstock crowd :lol:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Well thanks on the beard Marc. I didn't do anything to acquire it....in fact, I did less. I quit shaving and that's what happened. Then I shaved right after Arlington for an interview, but started back the next day....so I've got about a 2 month growth now.

West