"Hello, Guild Guitars...and Benches"

geoguy

Reaction score
Yep, I'll begin ignoring that calendar . . . immediately.

By the way, there also used to be a Gretsch Pages member named DrumBob who also left somewhat abruptly, after a rather epic thread that began with him innocently attempting to sell a guitar. It eventually devolved into an extended (and hilarious) "who's on first" type of saga.

Anyone in need of a good laugh who wants to see how real professionals derail a forum thread, check this out:

http://gretschpages.com/forum/garage-sale/fs-double-green-anniversary/15876/page1/

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've ignored that calendar so totally I'm not even on it!

'Strang, the neverborn

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Geoguy..... THAT'S how you hi-jack a thread!!! LMAO!!! I think DrumBob must've just imploded..... :applause: I have to say, not appearing on the calendar has certainly sapped my afflatus..... :playful:

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yep, I'll begin ignoring that calendar . . . immediately.

By the way, there also used to be a Gretsch Pages member named DrumBob who also left somewhat abruptly, after a rather epic thread that began with him innocently attempting to sell a guitar. It eventually devolved into an extended (and hilarious) "who's on first" type of saga.

Anyone in need of a good laugh who wants to see how real professionals derail a forum thread, check this out:

http://gretschpages.com/forum/garage-sale/fs-double-green-anniversary/15876/page1/

Wow, just wow!!

That reminds me of...us!

' Strang

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I have to say, not appearing on the calendar has certainly sapped my afflatus..... :playful:

Might wanna try some of this, then:

beano.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Don't make me get the dictionary out, Al..... I'm warning you!! :mad-new:
(I also set you up.... so you owe me now....)
From the Wiktionary:
English
Wikipedia has a definition of:
"Afflatus
Etymology
From Latin afflatus, originally adflatu (compare English flatulence (“digestive gas, fart”)), past participle of afflo (“to blow on”).
"
This leads to all kinds of interesting avenues of speculation as well, since:
"In artistic sense, introduced by Cicero in De Natura Deorum (The Nature of the Gods) (44 BCE) II.167, as alternative to existing and similar inspiration (literally “sucking in air”), which already had a more general and metaphorical sense, to emphasize specifically the initial insight and restore literal overtones."
One could make a convincing case then that the derogatory usages "that sucks" and "that blows" are much older than commonly thought.
It's even thought that Descartes may have originally used a much more visceral and comprehensible phrase when expounding on the nature of reality:
"I fart, therefore I am"

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, seeing as how I don't speak LATIN and I was using the common American English definition of it... 1. a divine creative impulse or inspiration, then obviously you were going for the cheap laugh. So, in either case, I set you up. How did I know you'd be the one to jump on the temptation?? How did I know that?? :culpability:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So, in either case, I set you up.
's funny, being in Vegas, I'd think you'd know the Mafia would be see that as a bad thing.
And how'm I s'posed to know you don't speak Latin?
It 's like English, doesn't everybody speak it?

How did I know you'd be the one to jump on the temptation?? How did I know that?? :culpability:

archer.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

"Ummm....because if there's one thing I'm good at it's yielding to temptation?"