Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow. A real zombie thread.

Jeez, I miss the old days.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is weird, isn't it. I'll bring it to Don's attention. Was it definitely capnjuan, Steve?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Now it's showing up as "capnjuan", but I'm on the laptop, not the phone. DrumBob still shows up as guest, though.

12 string

Reaction score
Guild Total
As funny as this thread is, it sparked a huge blow-up that resulted in the guest drumbobster picking up his marbles and leaving as referenced above. Oh, well.

I miss those days, too. And when I read these old threads I see old regulars who don't come around anymore. I miss them too. It makes me appreciate the current crew all the more. Rock on, y'all!

' Strang

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You too, Strang. I guess that's the nature of things. Sometimes our passion drives us apart, though usually it brings us together.

griehund

Reaction score
You too, Strang. I guess that's the nature of things. Sometimes our passion drives us apart, though usually it brings us together.

Some folks take frivolity way too serious. Sometimes I insult myself just to stay in shape. :excitement:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have a vague recollection that DrumBob's account was actually deleted, whereas CapnJuan's (and those of a couple other absent members) was moved to a special status ("Gone But Not Forgotten") and therein lies why DrumBob's posts are now attributed to guest whereas most of us can see the Capn's as his own. ("most" instead of "all" is probably due to computer and browser settings).

Speaking of old friends, I was saddened today when I saw a familiar address in an inbox. The address belongs to an old (in several senses of the word) friend who has been an Alzheimer's patient for several years and no longer recognizes his friends and family. It was the classic case of a spammer just slapping on a harvested address and using it for the Return address line but it was both sad and wrong.

On the other hand, and keeping with the veers, remember when Birthdays were the source of many inflated post counts? How come no one has (re)discovered the calendar? Perhaps I see it as a Moderator but no one else does?

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
On the other hand, and keeping with the veers, remember when Birthdays were the source of many inflated post counts? How come no one has (re)discovered the calendar? Perhaps I see it as a Moderator but no one else does?

I can see it Frono, just never knew it was there!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I at least I now know what I'm ignoring!

Always a good thing keeping things under your own control.
Tom, you are hereby empowered with full awareness of your ignoring options.
I couldn't stand ignoring what I ignored in the first place. I would feel cheated.
So thanks Fro, now I too, can ignore in full awareness.

:very_drunk: