Coffee News

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
capnjuan said:
West R Lee said:
:lol: Are there a couple of golf courses in Florida Cappy? Just joshin, man there are some nice ones there. West
My friend; they are all over the place - greater Palm Beach County has over 170 golf courses .... most private; not that many daily fee courses like Myrtle Beach SC. Some very expense; before it opened, a membership at Trump's course was $125,000 initiation plus the annual...sold out in a few months. Greens fees at premium daily-fee courses; PGA, the now-private Emerald Dunes, Polo Trace, ands several others, in-season, $150 or so. The county does have a number of municipal courses the most famous of which is West Palm Beach which, until the mid-90s, had been on Golf Digest's list of Top 100 public courses for a long time. Yup; we got courses ... but weez runnin' out of water .... :( moratorium on new ones ... til whenever. cj

They need them - all those old geezers going there to retire :mrgreen:

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
They need them - all those old geezers going there to retire :mrgreen:
Used to be pure retirees; now it's more early retirees - endless rounds of slow motion golf; pleasant in fair weather - can be a physiological ordeal in the summer. Many oldsters who came here to play don't anymore. Too demanding and they stink. Now it's day-trading, sharing tips on toenail fungus, talking about how their social security and personal injury claims are going; "You think that's something; well let me tell you about .... " Boca Del Vista 24/7.

john_kidder

Reaction score
Kilban again

Guildmark said:
the cartoonist was B. Kliban. He's been gone for many years now, but his work still makes me howl.

I'd forgotten about Kliban - he's totally appropriate for this forum. I remember visiting a guitar-playing friend and seeing this on his kitchen wall.
lovetoeatthemmousies.gif

Still makes me laugh.

Whoops - that's too small to see. Can't find (quickly) a larger version. Mark?

Try this (with music, even) "Love To Eat Them Mousies"