Guild 1958 T100DP

G

Unregistered
User deleted by their request
Peace to All,
I'm new to this site, so here it goes. I'm trying to to find out as much as possible about this guitar:

T100DP
#8337 Head Stamp
#8667 Inside Label
Refinished by Fedor Fetovich

No intentions of selling, Just like to know as much as possible. She's been family for almost 50 years now. Lot's of hoots behind this one.
Only changes are refinishing and adding Grover Machines. My Unk wants to install Humbucker Pickups. Good idea or no?
Hope I hit the right section of the forum for answers. As I said, 1st time around.
Keep on picking, Peace , Joe Fitz

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Joe,

Welcome aboard,

I've been shopping for an archtop for a couple months, T 100 D's appealed to me a great deal. Seem to me one of the more desirable models. Nicer amenities than some.

Don't know how to advise you on the Humbuckers, I tend to think many here would prefer the original pickups. I know a guy in Auburn, Wa that would take the neck pickup off your hands in a heartbeat.

Up until today I would have been top of your list for interested potential buyers, but I found a local deal on a recent vintage Starfire & couldn't resist.

Post pictures if you have them.

Jeff

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
As most here would advise, if you have the original PUs, don't change them until you're sure that you don't like them. A '58 probably has the coveted Franz PUs which resemble Gibson P90, but with rounded ends. They are one of the reasons people want the late 50s early 60s T-100s, and for good reason. They sound great and are very versatile. Overall the T-100 is a great all-round guitar for many styles! Sit with it a while and just play play play until you decide you're gonna mess with it.

There is a section of the forum for archtops, and you'll get more responses if you post there.

Welcome to LTG, Joe!

Jeff said:
Up until today I would have been top of your list for interested potential buyers, but I found a local deal on a recent vintage Starfire & couldn't resist.
What'd you get, Jeff? Pics pics pics!

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Sheesh; almost forgot :oops: ; Hi Joe and welcome: browse, post, and enjoy! cj