A New Era

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Carol said:
GuildFS4612CE -- but The Troubles are mostly in the North -- in The Republic, it's not such an issue.

I have just started an Irish trad band here -- hope to really get it going over the winter. Where are you located? I doubt you're in the neighborhood, but you just never know!!

I'm on the West coast...whereabouts are you?

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
capnjuan said:
JerryR said:
It isn't true Germans have no sense of humor - it's just different (oops - that wasn't PC - sorry Krysh :oops: )
No, Michael's right; it's us and the language. The shame is that practically everyone on the European continent speaks it better than 50% of folks in the US. Said to be one of the hardest languages to learn - and if so, I wonder why my Spanish is coming so slowly....???

Yo no se :) 'No hablo Espanol, soy Americano :?: '

Carol

Reaction score
GuildFS4612CE -- sorry, I'm in tropical Minnesota! Guess I can't ask you to join my trad band!

Just for fun though, here's my website

http://www.exilesoferin.com

Note that I'm NOT playing my Guild in the photo. My poor old Guild was covered in dust in the back of a closet at the time.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
JerryR said:
Yo no se :) 'No hablo Espanol, soy Americano :?: '
To make matters worse, the 'street' Spanish in common use in the US is a pretty severe variant of what they teach in HS which is said to be more like what's spoken in Europe ... wherever that is...

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Carol said:
GuildFS4612CE -- sorry, I'm in tropical Minnesota! Guess I can't ask you to join my trad band!

Note that I'm NOT playing my Guild in the photo. My poor old Guild was covered in dust in the back of a closet at the time.

I used to know a Carol from Minnesota - but she called herself Cay - surname Rinquist :) It was a long long time ago though and Minnesota's a big big place - so it won't be you :roll:

I play a few Irish songs myself - are you more into the jigs reels and polkas though :?:

Carol

Reaction score
JerryR -- no, it's not me -- but it was worth a try, right??

I'm really into the historical songs, the ballads -- and of course the pubs songs. I don't play well enough to play the polkas and reels with any confidence. They may seem simple, but there is something to them that I find difficult. Probably just a mental block.

Too bad we can't all get together for a giant jam session... now THAT would be fun!

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
krysh said:
capnjuan said:
krysh said:
sorry graham, I did not understand. what does PC mean in the former context, personal computer, private cottage, presbyterian church???
Hi Michael; a complex, ironic joke by Graham. 'PC' stills means 'Politically Correct'.

:D oh you americans. I am sorry, but understanding english/american jokes is sometimes very difficult. :D
anyway, thanks john, in this case I agree with carol:

Sorry Michael I tried that with my American accent. Looks like it worked. :mrgreen:

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Carol said:
JerryR -- no, it's not me -- but it was worth a try, right??

I'm really into the historical songs, the ballads -- and of course the pubs songs. I don't play well enough to play the polkas and reels with any confidence. They may seem simple, but there is something to them that I find difficult. Probably just a mental block.

Too bad we can't all get together for a giant jam session... now THAT would be fun!

Beats Arlington :roll: :mrgreen: :?:

Carol

Reaction score
I wonder what a room would sound like with a couple hundred Guilds going for it!!

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Carol said:

Thanks for the visit to your website. I haven't got one right now.

At least we don't have to shovel the weather.... :mrgreen:
Carol said:
I wonder what a room would sound like with a couple hundred Guilds going for it!!

Massed pipers at the Scottish Highland Games :lol: :lol: :lol:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Carol said:
I don't even know how we got on this subject anymore. I think it started with concerns about having a chick in the forum!

Thread veer is not only welcome, it's expected.

If you read the fine print of the rules, at least the copy that cj forwarded to me, you'll see that rule #5 states: The topic of the thread is directed solely by the person making the most recent post.

After that it gets kind of blurry, in fact rule #467 states: If you are still reading these rules you are either European, Canadian or quite possibly female. :shock: Not sure what that means. Please ask John for clarification. If you get an answer, let me know.

Just follow the signs along the way and you'll be fine. :D

LTG-confusion.gif

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
krysh said:
:D oh you americans. I am sorry, but understanding english/american jokes is sometimes very difficult. :D
anyway, thanks john, in this case I agree with carol:

It isn't true Germans have no sense of humor - it's just different (oops - that wasn't PC - sorry Krysh :oops: )

:shock: humor :?: :roll: :shock: what is this?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
JerryR said:
I used to know a Carol from Minnesota - but she called herself Cay - surname Rinquist :) It was a long long time ago though and Minnesota's a big big place - so it won't be you :roll:

I play a few Irish songs myself - are you more into the jigs reels and polkas though :?:

Hey Jer, I know a gal in England named Beatrice. Do you know her?

She drinks tea and has red hair. :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Carol

Reaction score
GuildFS4612CE --

Yes, we shovel the weather... but other people shovel other things! *S* I'm not sure which is worse!

I'm glad you lot don't mind things veering off topic. I've never been much for rules!

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Carol said:
I'm glad you lot don't mind things veering off topic. I've never been much for rules!

:lol: :lol: :lol: FREEFALLING :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Hey, Don, we need a music symbol happy face :!: