FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
JerryR said:
FNG said:
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

My toys, past and present. 8)

I've seen fewer guitars in a music store - how do you find time to play them all :!:

You sound like my wife, which is problematic because you aren't as good looking as her. :shock: :shock: 8) :lol:

I keep them all out on hangars and stands. I probably spend at least an hour a day total playing. Usually keep a couple in different tunings. Just walk in when I need a little man cave time, and grab one off the rack and git 'er done. The only one that isn't getting any time is a Larrivee jumbo mahogany 12 string, because it needs new strings and I'm too lazy to restring it.

Keeping them with fresh strings is the only downside.

dklsplace

Reaction score
dklsplace said:
Graham said:
fungusyoung said:
Don, I'm gonna have to ask you to either compare & contrast all the jumbos or point me to a thread where it was already done.

I was going to ask the same Don. In your words would you describe the jumbos?

Big.

Ok seriously...I haven't forgotten about this but I don't have any detailed answer for you. Each currently has a very different set of strings in various stages of wear. The JF-30 needs a refret & I'm having a hard time finding enough time to work it in. The JF-55 still needs the neck reset so it isn't getting any regular use. They obviously have their own voice, but the differences (from memory) are more subtle than you might think.

L4sleeko

Reaction score
8) Here ya go . . .

107.jpg

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not so hot a group shot but here's my flock minus the D 25, which for all practical purposes isn't mine any longer.

Left to right back row: G37, F 20, GF60R
Left to right front row: DV62, , C01, DC5

e7d42bfe.jpg

G37
e8420a7e.jpg
F 20
e91c5746.jpg

GF60R
e7d42aca.jpg

DV62
e91cc68d.jpg

DCE5
e7d42a32.jpg
CO1
e7d42c00.jpg

D 25
ebe6952c.jpg

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Wow, you've got great taste in guitars Jeff. Nice shots, especially the family relaxing in the yard there.

West

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen, I can't take credit for picking em all, Red found the F 20 & the G 37 & Fran in California was responsible for the GF 60.

Just got the G 37 back from the Dr today, new bone nut & saddle, set up, a strap pin & some cosmetic touch ups. Plays like a millyun bucks.

Stopped buy the local shop on the way home & A/B'd it in the high end room with some Taylors & a new D 40BJ. She's a Taylor eating machine & the D 40 sounds a lot better when the G 37 isn't in the same room.

Passed her around to a couple guys & had em shakin their heads when I told em what Red paid for it. Total investment $602.00 including the nut, saddle & setup. 8) 8)

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice, Jeff
Beautiful little F-20. I hope to have one someday. Very striking G37 too. Thanks for sharing.

marcellis

Reaction score
That G-37 is really pretty Jeff. Sorry to hear it sounds better than D-40's though.

Here's the D-40 I just bought. I haven't seen or played it yet. A friend of mine is keeping it
for me. His reports are very enthusiastic though. He says it has a special sound.
d40-1.JPG

d40-2.JPG

d40-3.JPG

1972 D-25 I bought new in 1973. Neck reset & given to my son in 2003. Completely restored in 2006 in Vietnam. (*Note the boot-strapped G-shield logo.)

beforeandafter.JPG

howzitlook.JPG

Guildmark

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
mario1956 said:
My G-312 :mrgreen:

312front.jpg

Wow! Pristine, Mario! I think yours is cleaner than mine. :cry: Do you actually play it? :D
I also think yours must be about 6 months newer than mine since you have position markers.
My serial number is 159491. Are you close to that?
BTW: You can see mine by clicking on the quote in my signature.

mario1956

Reaction score
Serial number 187153. Pretty close. The serial number cross reference says it's a 78. I am OCD sometimes :roll: so I keep all my instruments cleaned up. Yes, I play it regularly. Thanks for the comments!

kentukblue

Reaction score
Heres some shots i took last week of my most recent purchase. Almost flawless 1991 JF30-12 (electronics installed). As you can see this thing is like new. The last guy that had it treated it like a jewel. Played it at church unplugged...everyone was blown away by the sound. Ill post some up of the DV-52 when im done shooting it this next week.

Ill prob sell this guitar pretty soon, not because its not wonderful...but because I play alot of fingerstyle and less strumming stuff and at 27 i cant afford the stable of guitars I would like....yet.

jf3012angle.jpg

jf30headstock.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

headstockangle.jpg