Guild Amp Schematics

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I just saw this the other day, and I wonder if anyone's ever tried this service. Scroll down to the

GUILD® AMPLIFIER SCHEMATICS $5 EACH ITEM

That's much better than the $15.00 charge at musicparts.com for a single download. Maybe worth a try?

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Yup; worth a try. Speaking of .... I just dropped $15 at MusicParts.com on the Guild Maverick Bass schematic to dope out the volume pot(s) on Dreamlander's amp. cj

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bump a ditty bump bump...How about a few clicks of the mouse for JP and a few more for the company we hope one day will bring back the electric Guilds; FMIC! After struggling to round up Guild amp schematics, JP noticed a reference on FMIC's webpage indicating the availability of vintage Guild amp schematics at $5/ea. I called them up and a gentleman from Customer Service sent me the following schematics; boldface = not previously available:

Thunder 1 2X6GW8, 6CA4 rectifier, tremolo, 12" speaker date 5/66
Thunder 1 RVT dated 7/66
Guild Slave: PT, OT and 7247 driver/2X8417s/6GF7 screen voltage regulator dated 5/66
Guild Thunderstar: 2 channel, trem/reverb, split chassis, cable pinouts, 7591s
Guild Quantum Bass: 2 channel, 8417s incl 6GF7 screen voltage regulator dated 9/68
Guild Thunderbass: 2 channel / 4-tube preamp, 8417s
Guild Thunderbass: 2 channel / 4-tube preamp, 6L6s
Guild Thunderbird - Superstar: 2 channel / reverb-trem / preamp out and power amp in / split chassis / 6L6s. dated 10/69(?)
Thunder/Superbird Power Amps and Supplies
...Power supplies: Superbird I, Superbird II w/ 6GF7 regulator, Thunderbird w/ choke and phenolic block connector and pinouts
...Power amps; Thunderbird, Superbird I, Superbird II w/ 8417s only
G-300 Tamarack

If any of you are interested in any of these, PM/email me w/ your email address and a sincere thanks to FMIC!

cj

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
You, capn, are of a nobler strain than I am! Good work. Did they charge you as listed for 5 beans a pop, or just a package deal? Also, hard copy or digital? Who woulda thunk they'd be so generous? I know you are capn.:)

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Thanks JP; PM sent. cj