The Dudepit

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
The EH Man said:
Anybody interested in starting a new bass forum like the dudepit?

I'd join and participate. I could even provide tech advice and moderate as long as the site was under the Nanny Software's radar at work (at lunch time). That said, I'm a Guild bassist and probably have more to offer on the Guild side of that than the bassist side. At the best of the DudePit iterations I only monitored the Guild, Dark Star and Alembic forums, the latter two because of their Starfire connections.

hieronymous

Reaction score
Guild Total
There are probably several forums that were created either before or after the Dude Pit's demise (or should that be plural possessive - Dude Pits' demise - considering how many times it got redone???) For example, there's Baddassbassplayers.com. The one that I frequent the most is The Last Bass Outpost. Neither one has a specifically Guild section, but I'm sure they are open to talking about them. The Last Bass Outpost has a pretty strong Gibson focus, but they also talk about projects a lot. Great bunch of guys, a lot of ex-Pitters!

Happy Face

Justified Ancient of MuMu
Reaction score
The Pit is missed. But maybe it's good it's gone - spent too much time there!

Nonetheless, it's a place where I would yell to everyone that they should watch the fairly new dvd set "Go Ride the Music." Some very nice Casady there. A couple seen before, most not.

Also Quicksilver and more.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm there sometimes, I guess some nice guys with some knowledge. at least got info about a bass sound no other forum gave me.