New Guy

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Hoping to keep on learning. I'm in the twilight of a mediocre career but I'm still having fun doing it. I don't know how much info I'm required to post about myself but the bottom line is I'm guitar player, song writer, and Harley rider looking forward to early retirement. I've been riding for 46 years and playing (at) guitar for 25; the only two things I really enjoy. I like to ramble too so please forgive me.

My DM-15. Made in USA...Sept 1987 or so it says on the back of the headstock.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/b ... lddm15.jpg

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Welcome Doc, gee there's quite a few Drs here. :shock:

Anyway there are also a few bikers as well.

As for posting info about yourself, there is no minimum as most of it comes out over time until the day that there has been too much info, that's when they make you a moderator. :mrgreen:

What kinds of music do you like to play and in what style?

Steelpickin'

Reaction score
Welcome Bikerdoc,
Theres a real nice bunch of folk here and I am sure you will fit right in. It also helps if your a little crazy! :wink:

"Red Hair and Black leather my favorite colour scheme.
And he pulled her on behind...and down to Knoxville they did ride!!

( love Del Mc Coury and the Boys!! )

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Well I actually started out playing Bluegrass. Born in W. Virginia but raised in upstate N.Y., Momma told me I'd one day recognize the Hillbilly in me. :) I truly enjoy playing country, blues, and the music that brought rednecks to Austin City Limits. :lol:

The indescribable sounds of Guy Clark, Delbert McClinton, Rodney Crowell, John Prine, EmmyLou, Mary Black, and the wonderful Eva Cassidy simply put me in a great mood. I'm an alternating strummer in the bluegrass style and would-be flat-picker who has finally decided that finger-picking will add a wonderful dimension to my song writing. But, I don't know how to practice so I'm gonna pay someone to make me practice. :?

Though I jam with some folks and have played a gig or two I still consider myself a novice musician. You see, I know there is always someone in the audience who can see I don't know a blessed thing about playing guitar. :roll:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Bikerdoc said:
Born in W. Virginia but raised in upstate N.Y.

Flugtag! You're it! :mrgreen:
Flugtag.jpg

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Welcome Doc: make yourself at home ... just assume you're in a looney bin and things will go well. May I ask which part of Almost Heaven be you from?

Best Regards,
cj

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Bikerdoc said:
Though I jam with some folks and have played a gig or two I still consider myself a novice musician. You see, I know there is always someone in the audience who can see I don't know a blessed thing about playing guitar. :roll:

Again (speaking for myself), youv'e come to the right place, though I fear we also have some real musicians - just check out the tech talk that crops up from time to time :roll:

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
There are some very good musicians here, some actually make money doing it.

Regardless of your talent though, and that's why I'm still here :shock: , they are also a great bunch of folks to talk with and ask questions of.

More than willing to offer advice or assistance, love helping you find gear and spend your money, caring and also self deprecating. Not too many people here take themselves too seriously, Jeff usually posts late at night when no one is watching him. :mrgreen:

Great admin staff, even though Jeff is part of that too, I think it was a pity thing myself, but anyway.

Post any topic and let the rambling begin.

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Almost Heaven is Logan, W. Virginia. I still have family there and it remains one of the most beautiful places in this country.

As for upstate N.Y. (Rochester), I haven't lived there since I got back from Vietnam in 1968. I did do a couple of years in Syracuse back in the early 70's but I've been in Ohio's farm country now since 1974.

We have a little trio here and we call ourselves "Twelve and a Third"; 2 six string acoustics and a one string washtub bass. The tub player has absolutely no talent and cannot keep time but he made is tub and he's a darn good novelty in the act and a heck of a nice fella who loves the spotlight. How can we refuse him, eh? Therefore,
12 and 1/3 seems appropriate and we have a blast

Jeff

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Graham said:
Jeff usually posts late at night when no one is watching him. :mrgreen:

Great admin staff, even though Jeff is part of that too, I think it was a pity thing myself, but anyway.

I think perhaps rather than pity it's more of an accident or more accurately a mistake.

I prefer to think I post early in the morning, has a better ring to it.

capnjuan

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Bikerdoc said:
Almost Heaven is Logan, W. Virginia...and it remains one of the most beautiful places in this country.
So it is....one day I'll get around to telling you how I know. cj

Graham

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Graham said:

I think perhaps rather than pity it's more of an accident or more accurately a mistake.

Once again, I stand corrected.

Good morning Mr. Jeff.

JerryR

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Way, way North East Texas, Wiltshire, England
Jeff said:
Graham said:

So you're kinda early today - forget the time zone difference on the West Coast but about 9 or 10 hours earlier than my time - so you must have been posting late morning to noon time :?:

jac

Reaction score
I've got one of the last Ironheads...inside mods...
gotta make more time to ride...
***wahhh***
Bmore streets are like minefields.
Old, used minefields.
Think I'll write a song about it....

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Hey Jac,
I wrote a song about my last great solo ride from Ohio to way up on the Canadian border in N. Dakota. Kind of like 40 years on two wheels and you never feel the pain. :)

Riding the streets of the city at night is a good reason for a song fer sure. The streets of Bmore eh? Darn cool. Let us know when ya get it done.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
BD,

Welcome to Guildsville. Please post some country tunes and help Steelpickin' and me expand the horizons of these folkies. Here's a version of Emmylou's "Making Believe" by Bobbe Seymour, the center of the steel guitar world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS-Kdpm355Q

He also races cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYrJEpDa ... ed&search=

I like to ramble too so please forgive me.

You'll fit right in. Topics here drift more than a circus bear on a Honda 50 in a hurricane.

Hatted Frau