Double-neck Guild Sighting

Squawk

Reaction score
Isn't that the same photo in the 2002 or 2003 Fender catalog?

hideglue

Reaction score
Can you imagine having to Jerry-rig your bench each and every time one of those came through Final Assembly - and then actually having one topple to the floor? Those curses would roll off your tongue with absolute sharpness and fluidity. Can't imagine that.....really...I can't.

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
hideglue said:
Can you imagine having to Jerry-rig your bench each and every time one of those came through Final Assembly - and then actually having one topple to the floor? Those curses would roll off your tongue with absolute sharpness and fluidity. Can't imagine that.....really...I can't.

oh my god, did this really happen to you?
oh no, please don't tell, something like this is really terrible.

all the best

michael

hideglue

Reaction score
I wish I could say it didn't happen, but it was a one and only offense. Rest assured the damage was minimal.
Actually the kerplunk of a guitar meeting old, pine flooring was a least frequent occurrence.
The more common flub was knocking hardware or tools from bench shelves to the unsuspecting victim below - GRAVITY!!
And the worse sounding - and often the ugliest - offense was the 'ol strings caught in the buffing wheel fiascos. Not a pretty site and even more dangerous to the operator.

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Sounds like buffing jewelry....only bigger and deadlier :shock:

RussD

Reaction score
Guild Total
Who's Buffy and why is your string in her wheel? :lol:

I had NO idea that a luthier's job was so dangerous. Guess I better stay a geek. As least, that's what I hear from my audiences...

hideglue

Reaction score
RussD said:
I had NO idea that a luthier's job was so dangerous....

A luthier's job can be dangerous but the buffing incidents recalled were all from well-meaning 'floor' workers going an extra mile for the customer.